1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

bane dragons

Discussion in 'UHall' started by smip, Jul 15, 2010.

1. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have had my bane dragon now for about 2 weeks. I have fed it tasty treats and the stew. It still has not bonded. Is there something else I need to do?

2. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

have you had it out of the stables riding it for those two weeks? it's best to feed it stable it then take it out 7 days later and feed it again.

3. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

First week I feed it then stable it. Not bonded. Second week feed it and mounted it.. still not bonded. Now what? I have one more stew left.

4. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds standard but did you give the bane any commands directly after feeding?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Try the pet "Tasty Treats" instead - they are a lot cheaper to use.

6. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

I surely did.. told it to follow me as I always do after feeding and tameing.

Tazar.. did that.. I have a stupid bane I guess... Ima try to tame another and see what happends.

7. BigEv

BigEv Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If you fed it then stabled it and didnt take it out for the full 7 days. After 7 days then you took it out and fed it again and its not bonded you may have a problem. Using this method has always worked for me though.

8. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

That's the way I've done it for years too. But I just tamed another one. Won't take it out till friday. Give it that extra day to see what heppends.

9. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Do you have at least 500 bane loyalty points (i.e., have you become a "bane sympathizer")? I didn’t attempt to bond mine until I had 1,000 points. Dunno if this has anything to do with it, but mine bonded ok.

10. Splup

Splup Guest

May sound kinda obvious but... You sure you have enough Taming and Lore to get it bonded?

11. [JD]

[JD] Guest

When you asked it to follow you, did it obey or did it give you a "no" answer

12. Taylor

Well, he either tamed it or had it transferred to him. If his skill was too low, he would have received a message to the effect of, "This animal refuses to follow that person." Thus, unless he stoned off taming/lore, he probably has enough skill, no?

13. Splup

Splup Guest

Pets can be transferred to player who doesn't have enough taming/lore to bond it. Atleast used to be so... Or maybe he's using jewerly which he hasn't been wearing while feeding but used for taming/transfer.

14. Taylor

15. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I haven't tested that hypothesis specifically, however I believe it to be not true. For during the 'bane dragon rush/grab', I wanted to transfer some to a friend who was at 110/110. And 115 taming/110 lore is actually required for 99% control.

The dragon refused several times.

So it may do a control check in the way that it does a compliance check when issued a command.

I didn't think to sit there and try to transfer the dragon 20 times to see if it would finally obey. I just gave him another one which transferred right away. Not sure if it was a problem with that specific dragon, or just the RNG at work.

16. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

some pets are goofy like that. Try friending your pet to them first then transfering. And the loyalty points have nothing to do with the banes. I have 6 bonded, and I never stepped foot at the event on ATL.

17. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

Yes I do. Bane Chosen 2009 points. And no sooner did I tame the other bane, this one finally bonded to me. LOL Go figure. :p

Splup, 120 Lore and 119.2 tameing.. real not with jewlery.

JD, yes it answered me fine when I told it to follow me. No stubborness at all.

Thank you all for your helpful tips. Not sure why it took so long to bond though. It was sure strange.

Anyone interested in a bane on Catskills?? hehe

18. Taylor

Crazy. Sounds like you got a buggy bane.

19. smip

smip Slightly Crazed

It must have been. And you know.. I transfered the new bane to a char on another acct that has no loyalty to bane yet. Lets see what happends in a week.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Haven't had any trouble at all bonding mine.... Perhaps you just aren't a good tamer and the dragon doesn't like you.

21. Taylor