1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bane Dragons

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Rumpy, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I recently acquired a bane dragon as I was not playing when they spawned. Now I know they require Blackrock Stew as good and will accept nothing else. I have just a few questions on this..

I occasionally see the message of "Your bane dragon seems a bit peckish today and is not at full powers". I had just fed it yesterday and not used it. I then lored it and confirmed it is "Wonderfully Happy".

How much of this message really applies? Does it just not do as much attack damage or what is really not at full power?

Does it need to bed fed each day even though it says its happy?

Any insight on this would be wonderful. Thanks.

2. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master

Hail, Rumpy!

I believe the "pekish" message means that your bane dragon will not be performing its poison breath attack. Feeding it another blackrock stew should restore its ability to poison-breathe.

They can also eat tasty treats, but I don't think the tasty treats re-enable the poison-breath. I believe that is only stew.

3. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Thank you for the response! It still does the poison attack to me, but only when I attack it. Does it do the poison breathe when it fights stuff? Or only when someone casts on it and hits it?

4. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I may be wrong, but my impression was that that peckish message was not only annoying, the whole dragon seemed weaker to me. I know I might be wrong about that. I wish blackrock stew was stackable, I stockpiled ~ 200 pieces so I am prepared.

5. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master

Now I'm wondering if it breaks the poison-breath or just reduces the level of poison that the poison-breath can do. It would do it whenever it is fighting, I imagine. Haven't tested that though!

6. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I farmed with it a bit the other day and I rarely hear the breathe go off...

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

You have sound turned on? :)