1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bans

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Vortex, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

So, getting a permanent ban on a temporary forum, is that an oxymoron?

2. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Maybe....

If the temp forums weren't really the permanent forums.

3. Eh-Tah-Chi

Eh-Tah-Chi Guest

Perma Bans are bad!

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Not sure if you were aware of this, but this is not just the temp forum. This is going to be the perm one too. I wouldn't suggest trying to get banned unless you don't want to post on Stratics in the future...la

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Somehow I don't feel that starting a thread that will encourage discussion of mod decisions is particularly helpful. Especially given how hard both of us try to avoid banning anyone.

Let's not go there, hmm?

6. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Um, where did you get that from? That was not my intention. I was making a joke about the "temporary" forums. No where in my post did I say anything about a mod decision. The oxymoron reference was in relation to the words "temporary" and "permanent".

I have never gotten so much as a warning on either this forum or the last one but now you accuse me of this?

Are you saying I'm responsible because my thread might be twisted from its intention by some jerk? I don't think thats gonna leave many posts here if your gonna get upset about every thread that "could" be twisted.

7. Petra Fyde

I guess I was being overly sensitive, it was the title of the thread coupled with the tone of a couple of other threads currently running.

I apologise.

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

*pokes Petra with a stick*

Neener neener...la

9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Petra takes her job as a mod quite seriously and she can't see the jokes with the RoC taped to her monitor! ;)

10. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

You'll be sorry when she does one of her 'leet ninja moves, grabs the stick from you and...

:twak:

-Skylark

11. Petra Fyde

:blushing: Guilty, as charged.

But my gran always said, 'if you're not going to do a job properly, don't bother doing it at all'

I've got as good a sense of humour as the next person, but I'm a bit overly sensitive when my competence is questioned. Lack of confidence I guess.

I'll try harder to recognise when I'm being teased.

12. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We :heart: you, Petra. :grouphug:

13. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you Petra, it shows great character to admit when you are wrong. I can understand you being sensitive with the stuff you put up with sometimes. My job involves dealing with people and "moderating" them as well. It's hard not to get sour on people and assume the worst in them when doing that kind of job.

Just remember that many of us are good people who follow the ROC, respect what you do, and try to do the right thing. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to say that mantra to myself to keep from assuming the worst in people.

14. Petra Fyde

I was always brought up to admit to my mistakes, and I make an awful lot of them so I've had plenty of practise! :)

On a more salient to the thread note. Gallahan has posted UOHall today to say:
    So the boards will soon lose the 'temporary' tag.

15. Goron

Goron Guest

Well, I think there are two kinds of posters:
    a) posters that, when warned, make apublic post pancakes a moaning, and
    2) posters that, when warned, continue with their lives.

I've been warned, I've had posts deleted, but I've never cried like a baby about it. I understand that it is not my forum, whether I agree with the rules or not, I need to obey or at least not argue when I disobey.

The first set of people (whiners bitchers) seem to think that the rules are up for community approval and don't seem to understand that they are not in charge. Although something *might* not be fair, it doesn't F'n matter, cuz they are little and mods/admins are big.

16. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

3 Kinds of posters - there are some who have never been warned cause they follow the ROC.

17. Goron

Goron Guest

but if you received a warning for accidently breaking the roc, suppose you mistyped a link and it went somewhere naughty, then you would likely fit into one of my categories, you would not argue your warn (or maybe you would).

18. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I get what you are saying. I would not argue it unless the Mod was wrong. Then I would argue it, just as you would argue in court if you were wrongly accused of stealing.

19. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

It was just a candybar!!!

I was only nine!!!!!!!!!

My dad made me put it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Petra Fyde

In that case, yes you'd query the decision, in PM. I'd review what happened and if I'd made a mistake I'd reverse it, or get an admin to reverse it for me if it had gone beyond my area of control.

Mods are big? ooer, must tell my hubby and sons. They've been calling me a 'self-propelled lawn ornament' for years. Of course size is relative when your 3 nearest male relatives are all over 6'

21. Casca

Casca Guest

They must be trying hard not to ban people, I didn't get the ban hammer and I did push it. So give them an inch or so :)