1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Barbed kit question what leather to use?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Tye, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Tye

Tye Sage

Do you only wana use barbed leather with barbed sewing kits or does the leather not matter to get the best crafted gear? also do barbed leather kits make the best armor in UO or is that loot?

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

In general one crafts items with normal materials to get the resists just right. Then one reforges. Then one PoF, then one imbue(if possible), then one enhances.

No, barbed kits do not make the best armor. I believe that the last 2 or 3 steps of looted "artifacts" have more imbue weight than reforged armor.

Also, to be technical, because heartwood adds an extra property, I believe that wooden armor, reforged with a frost saw, enhanced with heartwood would be better than leather armor.

3. Jimmy lord HKG

Jimmy lord HKG Adventurer

Haven't frost saw?

4. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

huh?

5. Jimmy lord HKG

Jimmy lord HKG Adventurer

*****QTE***
    Also, to be technical, because heartwood adds an extra property, I believe that wooden armor, reforged with a frost saw, enhanced with heartwood would be better than leather armor.
    ****UNQTE********
    that's my question for frost saw...

6. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Yep. Don't exist. Best saw/fletcher kit is heartwood.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I believe the confusion is that while frostwood is considered the highest end wood for lumberjacking - heartwood, bloodwood and frostwood are considered to be the same level of "power", unlike the crafting materials for the other skills. So, only one of them, heartwood, is actually represented by runic saws & fletching kits.