1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bard calculater is crap

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by dielock, Dec 13, 2008.

1. dielock

dielock Guest

I calculated my chances with an oni and Hiryu. I am 100 music, 120 peace. 93.6 Discord.
    It said my chances to discord for Hiryu was 29% discord chance and 100% peace chance.
    For Oni i had 44% discord chance and 100% peace chance.

Why then am I failing on both in peacing? The calculater is crap.

2. Fink

Fink Guest

Normal instrument? Exceptional? On normal/exceptional I got these numbers:

Oni: Peacemaking: 97.0% / 100.0%
    Hiryu: Peacemaking: 79.4% / 89.4%

..something's off.

3. dielock

dielock Guest

normal store bought instrument. (I am training discord)

4. Elixar

Elixar Sage
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah guys, something has been changed without our knowledge, or it is posted in some obscure place that we of course will sent to as though it was plain as the noses on our face, where they nerfed us without cause or need. Anyone who says that 120 provo is easy to obtain is out of their mind, and a 66 percent chance of two AWs fighting each other only means 1 third of the time i DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!!

If anyone knows where the math is at, so we can test their figures, that would be great, if not, maybe we can get the Devs to give us a direct, straightforward honest answer for the changes....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH I crack myself up sometimes!

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There's the calculations used by the bard calculator. I can't swear to their accuracy.

6. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

The Ancient Wyrm's real barding difficulty is 160.0, not what is listed in the calculator (~131). This change occured about the same time they introduced greater dragons and the developers did inform us that they were getting stronger. Run that difficulty through the calculator and you will see why you were failing more than you used to. If you do not belive that the AW is at 160 difficulty, please feel free to lore one on your own (you will need 110 skill).

I have found that there are other monsters that have incorret barding difficulties listed, when I was training my bard.

Stayin Alive,

BG

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The calculator is taking the figures from the Hunter's guide. Give me some updated lore figures for the creatures you're having problems with and I'll adjust the guide. I've just changed Ancient Wyrm to 160 as per Barry Gibb's info - so I hope it's right!!

8. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

Petra - I lored the Destard AW prior to posting its difficulty at 160. I try to do my homework before I post, so I am not "that guy" who spouts off blatantly wrong information about the game (we've all seen posts like that). It has been a while since I trained bard skills, so I don't remember which other monsters I found to be in error. The only other monster I have noted is the Ogre Lord at 103.6, but I don't know how many I lored to determine that number. I am certain it was over 10, but I did not keep a record of that. I can get a more confident number for them if you would like.

dielock - Based on your skills, try training off Ogre Lords until you hit ~95.5, then move to Poison Elementals until ~100.

Stayin Alive,

BG

9. Petra Fyde

Thanks Barry. I'll try to get some revised figures for Hiryu and Oni too, since Fink seems to feel there's something amiss there too.

We can re-build him!.........erm, update it. Sorry, showing my age.

10. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

Ogre Lord = 103.7

Barding Difficulty Lored Values:

Average Barding Difficulty= 103.7

Stayin Alive,

BG

11. Petra Fyde

Entry edited :)