1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the training aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Bard dmg for Roof

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Mikeltin5, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman
    UFO

I have a pure bard (no archery, taming, etc) and I typically do the roof with 2 samps. I'm not able to get dmg in to get looting rights. It's happened 4 times in a row now. I tried provoking the spawn on the boss but the samp's are whirlwinding too fast for me to provoke them.

Are other pure bards able to get looting rights and if so, how? I'd hate to change my temp to an archer or tamer or w/e else just for looting rights because my entire suit would need to be rebuilt.

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

When me and my friends do roof we typically have GD's and one bard (with pets) and a spell weaver. We always get to live the Shadowguard loot dream with that combo. I would drop off peace/provo (assuming you have peace) and pickup taming/lore or maybe med/SW. Our bard only has disco and this is all you need really.

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  3. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman
    UFO

I was hoping to maybe be missing a dmg output on the current setup :/ i'd hate to have to train up taming again. med's already on...maybe swap provo with sw

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I get drops with my bard, I hunt with my guild in party. I run either peace or provo masteries to support the group, disco the 3 bosses that can be disco'd, provo the summoned spawn onto each other, or on the boss where that's possible, casting evs when mana permits

5. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman
    UFO

that's what i'm trying to do if at all possible (so I don't have to change skills). i'm able to disco and provo on all but virtuebane. I attempt to provo but in most cases the spawns dead before I can do that (guildies specifically target spawn and whirlwind so it doesn't bog down). so casting EV's is enough to get u looting rights?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't ignore the effects of the disco, you will get credit for that. I don't cast many EV's and most I do cast get dispelled. It's the support I give to the group that gets me looting rights. I cast the odd heal on guildmates too when I can. Sounds to me like your guildies are a bit too efficient for you :D I get to provo much of the summoned spawn.

7. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman
    UFO

unfortunately I believe you're right. i'll try casting some EV's and "as constant as possible" healing and see if that works

8. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Master

I always get rights. I'm assuming you're using Despair & Tribulation set on the right damage types for each one? Plus EV's? Slayer instrument or exceptional on the ones that can. Otherwise I'd just say swap Peace or Spellweaving so you can WOD.

dlo88 and Daemon McCrowley like this.
  9. Daemon McCrowley

Relatively new to Bard. Great discussion. So when you use the disco mastery you can change the attack type (fire, poison, energy) on the fly between bosses? I mean Ill log in and try it out, but I didnt know that. That is helpful! Sounds like Mikeltin's party just wouldnt have a peace or provoke buff? EVERY BARD FOR HIMSELF!! lol JK, good info

Are you guys breaking party at end?

#9 Daemon McCrowley, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Master

Yes, you can change the damage type with no cooldown. There is a 10 minute cooldown between changing mastery's (from Prov to Disc for example).

11. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Disco mastery on the boss with the correct damage type and a slayer (where applicable). Add in casting heal on the sampires/tamers, you should have no issue getting rights.

12. Daemon McCrowley

Well, several times I know I have not gotten rights, just like person above, and I was healing, discoing and running peace buff. Maybe it has something to do with dropping party? Or maybe UO hates me, yeah that is prolly it.....

Maybe it is me, but it seems from my point of view, to be much easier to keep party and just let me handle the corpse, I mean you guys are tired and stuff from all that whirlwinding and life leeching, take a break, the Bards go this lil ol corpse.....

All Bards in favor?

13. Daemon McCrowley

Thank you! For some reason I just ASSumed changing the type of damage had a cool down like changing the mastery. DOH

14. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Peace buff for party never counts toward looting rights.
    Discording mobs never counts toward looting right.
    All you are left with in the example above is healing...

15. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Healing counts toward looting rights (Peace Buff does not apply direct healing.)
    Provo Buff applies direct healing.
    Tribulation will Proc off other peoples damage so you can stack that on top of whatever sampires are doing to piggy back off some of their damage.
    Despair aso deals selectable damage types so ensure you are choosing the best one for the target
    Both discord based mastery abilities receive bonuses from the appropriate slayers

jopromol likes this.
  16. jopromol

jopromol Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Simple. As stated by Logrus- you need to heal. I run the provo buff which I can then passively heal while simultaneously healing the sampires. If you cast a few good heals and have the provo buffs going you will 100% get looting rights. It helps to remain in party till the very end.

chester rockwell and dlo88 like this.
  17. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Spellweaving is great if you're more of a utility-focused bard, as it can buff your healing but also lets you output damage with WOD which means the bosses die faster and you get loot rights.

18. MeTheGreat

MeTheGreat Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

A guildy of mine brings a few bonded bouras (I believe one of the varieties - maybe lowland - does not require taming to control) to get looting rights for his bard. He only uses them for the final boss.

Merlin likes this.