1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discordance] Bard Mastery

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by jbfortune, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just a quick one, I understand you need real skill to get the full benefit of the skill but do you also need real skill to take on the quest?

Thanks

2. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

90 real skill is what you need.

someone had said something about ringing up, but i went and tried to get do that and couldn't get the quest.

3. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I soulstoned discord on a new bard and planed on doing the quest while training up the music from bought skill. The quest even requires real music skill as well.

4. jbfortune

Stratics Veteran

What a pain in the ass. Thought it might be easier to train the skill using the spells than actually discoing stuff.

5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

No fake masters allowed!

6. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

well post 90 music/discord it is alot faster even to 120!

7. jbfortune

Stratics Veteran

Do you know the worse thing. I had 120 Disco until recently. Got it before any of the spells came out. Guess what I did? Pointed the skill down. Went to click a Soulstone to stone it off. Got distracted. Came back, pointed the skill I wanted to Stone on up. Put it on.

"Your skill in discordance has decreased 120.0" or whatever it is.

Then I cried a bit.

8. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I totally and wholeheartedly agree !!

The need for real skill for Bard Masteries was one of the design changes that found me in total agreement. Good job.

I wished there were more skills in the game were having the real skill meant something for real rather than having to rely always on items and their modifiers........

It seems so fake to me, getting bonuses from items and modifiers that is..... I much prefer real skill as the real thing that makes a difference...........

9. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I agree with you guys.. I've been working my provo/mage a long time.
    The only concession I've made is a good suit a resist armour.. I don't even use LRC.
    (Ever run outa reagents in Blood? You'll know if your adrenal gland works.)

Doing it the "old" way I've gotten my Music up to 95.9 and Provo to 90.6
    The quest skills are cool but seem to be focused on group play more than solo.
    Drag for me cause I mostly solo.. and they are also a big mana sink. (another drag for Mage/Bards)

10. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I can see needing to have 90 real skill in Disco, Peace, and Provoke for the mastery quests. The ALSO needing 90 real in musicianship skill I don't agree with. I went to change my mastery having 120 Disco, Peace and Provoke with 110 Musicianship but only 85 real skill and it was no go. Seemed silly. :/