1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bard solo Shimmering Effusion?

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Jermosh, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Is it possible? Any tactics?

2. Pretty sure it was fixed.

3. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

It takes freakin forever and a day. You provoke the wisps onto shimmer and then heal the blobs because shimmer does area damage and they start attacking shimmer. I tried it recently with 2 bards that had 120 weaving and we almost ran out of time. 1 bard 1 tamer can handle it easily. Or 2 tamers. Or 1 tank, sampire.

4. I went in around SA launch and they wouldn't fight.

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If not with a Bard, then what template is usable to solo the Shimmering Effusion Peerless?

6. Wraith Samurai.

7. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks, using what tactics ?

Is it also good for gathering the keys ?

8. Wammy tactics are covered in the Warrior forum.

I wouldn't have thought so.

9. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Can you confirm that provoing wisps onto Shimmer no longer trigger the blobs to attack it? I tried earlier and nothing happens...

10. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

My guild tried a few months back and it did not work.

11. Yeah it no longer works.

12. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Would it work in Fel?

Basically, what has changed in the past coupla publishes? Can someone pin-point the changes?

13. It wasn't changed in the last few publishes it was changed around the time SA was released.

It was changed because left over spawn was annoying the next group to go in. Rather than coding it to despawn when everyone exits, or giving you enough time to kill it off, they decided to just make it so Provoke is useless on yet another hunt.