1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bars/Party Bars

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cetric, May 2, 2012.

1. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Theres something wrong with bars since the patch, kinda like an old bug. They just randomly disappear after you have pulled them.

Seems intermittent. Some people seem to have it, some people don't

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

And it can be any bar. Friend or foe alike.

-Galen's player

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Just because this is vaguely related, and I'm sick of it...

Health bars in the EC stop updating after about 45 mins to an hour of playing. This issue was introduced with Pub 75. Pinco says it is due to a change in how the EC handles memory and assets that don't exist any more, apparently this mechanism is horriby broken now. Please fix.

4. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is happening to me also (noticed just since the recent patch), and it really can affect the outcome when one is in the middle of healing a group of people, especially when that group of people are dependant on it. Not good! Last night I was healing a group of about 5 players, one player was getting really low on health, I was just about to hit him with a heal and Poof! all the health bars, including mine, disappeared at once. I was in a party with my friend, but not anyone else at the time. I hope this gets rectified.

5. Driven Insane

Yep, had this same problem since patching earlier this evening.

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the last client patch have fixed something, but I'm not sure if the healthbar bug is gone since the item properties data is not updating...

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

So this is happening on all shards? That sucks. Yeah, on Test the bars are disappearing like every 5 secs.

8. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

On my tamer I was having health bars issues too way before pub 75 , when I grab my greater bar and I start grabbing others players bars, sometimes ( I dont know exactly when it does that ) but sometimes every bars turn all the same name as my greater's name, so it ends up all confusing with all bars having my greater's name so I need to close them all and restart grabbing them back.

9. Adaline

Adaline Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I had the same issues. Also when leading a party the healthbars never showed any damage. In group the 45 min of gameplay isn't needed.

I ended up going back to the Default UI and haven't had any problems. But still use Pinco's once in a while, if swapping between the UI's it's best to leave Pinco's main hotbar/custom macros alone, it will show blank in default but be there when swapping back to Pinco's.

10. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

it's a problem that happens also with default UI, and I'm sure at 100% since I did many tests about it. The problem is related to the capability of the client to request updated data that seems has been compromised 2 patches ago. Basically when the client request updated data of something already loaded into the cache of that session, it just reload the old data instead of getting the updated one causing many malfunctions.
    The healthbars are randomly showing this problem since their update is also forced server side.

11. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Can you please provide more information about what client you are having issues with be that Classic or EC and if using mods?

12. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The title said "bars" and "party," so I opened the thread. Seriously disappointed right now. >:[

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is a related thread in the bug tracking forum

14. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Classic client, i tried to duplicate it by doing different things, such as targeting different things, crossing server lines, it didn't matter. I would just be running around, occasionally casting on one of the bars, and you would see them just disappear, didn't apepar to be any rhyme or reason to it.

One of my guildmates originally pointed it out, and then i realized everyone's bars were gone, and kept randomly disappearing.

15. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My bars were disappearing yesterday too... Haven't done anything major today that required pulling bars though, so not sure if it's still happening. Classic client. Seemed to happen whenever the person/mob who's bar was pulled hid or went off screen. The bar also disappeared once when I resurrected my dragon... Rather annoying. lol

16. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Bars always disappear upon resurrection. Lately if anyone who's bar you pulled goes off screen you have a 50/50 shot of that bar disappearing. It's great for x healing and enjoyable game play.

17. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Pet bars went poof when they died, not when they were rezed. Unfortunately it is now both =|

18. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

For me: Classic Client. No mods. (Of course.) I drag a bar. It can be a bar on a monster or another player. (I have not tried with a party member.) The bar has a chance of just going "poof" at some point. Not going gray, but of closing itself out.

It appears related to no circumstance in particular and only happened after the most-recent patch.

-Galen's player

19. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I was talking about player bars. I wouldn't know specifics on pet bars.

20. Driven Insane

Classic Clent.

21. Tropik

Tropik Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I am using the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI. The problem is that when an MOB or basically any health bar you have up moves a certain distance from you the Healh Bar disappears. In the past when this might have been two screens away it was not so bad, but now it frequently happens when Mobiles are only a short distance away. In addition to this the Health Bars on MOB after a period of time are sticking. The Red health bar is not going down at all even though the MOB is almost dead. This does not happen immediatly but starts happening about an hour into play or less. Basically it is a total nuisance. Continuosly right clicking on the Health Bar will update it but has to be done many times.

22. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Bah, my english isnt good enough to explain this but ill try..

1. Go to luna bank, any shard. Place your char right in the middle of the bank.
    2. 5 steps to the West there is "archwall", right? not sure if thats the correct name, and im feel lazy to do a screenshot
    3. Last step, try to drag a bar from the the archwall. I know it sounds silly, just do it.

It works on several walls, you just need to start draggin from the very top of the wall.

ps1: i use Classic Client
    ps2: I tried to tame a wall.. not possible :p

23. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

The mobiles list works only on the mobile in the screen in order to avoid the fake mobiles that are usually generated by the client with the image of some mobiles encountered around.

After several tests (and few adjustments in order to make the UI works properly with the latest client patch), seems the healbars are not getting stucked anymore, also are not closing randomly. This let me think that probably is an issue server related fixed in the latest publish (I did all my tests on TC).

24. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I logged on and it took me 10 seconds to notice this bug, i subsequently logged off in disgust.

25. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master

Classic client, seems to be a 50/50 chance of any bars (pets, monsters, players, party members) disappearing if they move off screen or invis.

I've also noticed bars appearing from walls, and the pillars in Navrey.

26. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

The classic client health bar issue will be fixed with the next client patch.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  27. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Many thanks.

-Galen's player

28. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

We'll be the judge of that! :p

29. Tropik

Tropik Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Pinco. Your UI is great. I have not checked the Health Bar Status in the past two days but I had sticking with Miamasa a few days ago. Seems it always happens more frequently with MOB's of the same name. Also noticed last night when doing Slasher Of Veils, that the it's health bar kept disappearing even though I had it dialed for a up for closeness so I could see the light blue throwing bombs he leaves. Could not even be a hlf screen away before his bar disappears then reappears. In fact you almost had to be standing in the rocks falling on his head before he showed up on the mobiles list.

30. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

the mobile list works as inteded, if you want to keep an healthbar just drag it out...

31. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It sure does... simple beautiful functionality. Thanks Pinco for all the work you do.