1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Barter Town Rune Library now Open!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by nightstalker22, Nov 3, 2008.

1. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the Goza Mats! They are a good colour!

The Rune Library is ready to be opened! ( cuts ribbon )

Now all it needs is RUNES!

[​IMG]

The location to my house ( squatting at alt characters house until I sell my house on Atlantic ) is just North of Barter Town, as you can see on the radar.

For those of you who still don't know, Barter Town is just North of what was formerly known as the Minoc Stables, which are now claimed as Barter Town Stables.

There is a box to drop runes in at each shelf, and a book describing which shelf is to hold which runes. I will have vendors all throughout the house, as I think all vendors lined up along the front face of the house is disgustingly ugly.

I do not have a scribe, nor do I plan to have any scribe skills, so I will be renting out one or two scribe vendor locations inside the rune library, rental prices to be negotiated ( you can PM me on boards for negotiations ).

I will also have a kitchen upstairs that will require outsourcing, as I don't have a chef on Siege.

Other rental locations to follow. This is a very public ( and very empty ) house. I do have a small space that only Friends and I can access, but the rest should be used by all.

2. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A rune library without runes?

3. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Yeah well, this is supposed to be a community building effort. Sure I could go buy the runes or mark them myself ( as I have a few banks ), but wouldn't people rather donate the runes that they would use, rather than go to the library and have a selection they would never use?

Maybe I need to offer a reward to the person who donates the most ( valuable ) runes.

Problem is, there is no way to verify who donated what, even if they signed their name on bulletin board, they could just lie.

So, as I said, your reward is the use of a rune library with a good selection of rune locations.

Colored Books would be a nice donation as well:

4 red
    4 green
    4 blue
    4 yellow
    4 whatever you wish

I will add more shelves as these ones become full, so more books is better.

Thanks in advance!

4. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I hate to break it to you but we already have 2 very good rune librarys on Siege. Sloans; first house on the right over west Umbra bridge and the one just north of the chess house in Issama (again first house on the right as you leave GZ). There are also several T map librarys about the shard that are public.

Now what we need are hidden places or places to gate people to PK. (whoops did I say that out loud?)

5. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

6. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Thats the special book I carry with me! *winks*

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Yes let's crush someone's idea with the knowledge of other's already having done that.. For such a post I will definitely contribute, even if it is runes to every GIL member's house. Revenge for such hateful posts should be avenged in a most ironic way.

As a man who robbed the "premier" Siege museum (and in two months has not heard a whisper about wanting his books back), I can tell you that eventually such houses will fall, and it remains on us, the living, to keep the dream alive.

I can also contribute the basic easy to get runes.. but I will do so.

8. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can contribute too... if he wants to do it.

I posted a screenshot of my tower which is a small rune library located in barter town...

I don't think anything should hold him back from doing this... either

If it is truly something he wants to do.

9. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the support. The more people who donate, the more people know the location of the library. The more people who know the location of the library, the more people also know the location of my soon to be vendors.

You can shop around, and gate elsewhere.... come to think of it, I want runes to all popular vendors on the shard, where people can really shop around...

I want runes to ALL vendors on shard! Everyone donate a rune to your vendor house....that will make the library unique...

We have t-map houses, and basic rune libraries, I will have a Vendor Rune Library! Is there any of those already? :\

10. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Nopes not that I know of and it's a great idea.
    Sorry if I sounded like I was being critical of you and your wanting to have a library.

11. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Meanie.:sad3:

12. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Pffft!
    You would be amazed at how many people who have played on Siege for over a year who don't know about the to Libs I mentioned.
    @ Night if you need me to mark any runes for you just let me know; oh and make sure you keep gate scrolls stocked.

13. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

You are welcome to donate any runes you wish. I don't have a scribe, so if anyone is interested in handling the gate scroll vendor, I will start the bidding for the vendor rental location at 3,000 a week.

As I mentioned in another post, I will also need a chef to handle cooked items, which I will start the bidding at 2,000 per week.

PM me on these boards to bid, or reply to this thread for public bidding.

When donating runes to your shop locations, rename them to include a description of the types of items your shop provides, I can then sort them into specialty books on the shelves.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I suppose I could mark a rune to my shop, but hardly anyone comes in by gate to the shop, they mostly come through Moonglow gate. I think the same goes for most of the shops around Yew gate.

15. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Ill make you a copy of my Cool and unusual places rune book before I leave.
    Its a fun book lots of places many don't know about or know how to get to.

16. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That one was mine, but I took it down when I remodeled. I didn't know anyone ever used it. :(

I'll put it back up, as soon as I can find a good place to put a teleporter that doesn't compromise the new look.

17. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed that. Looks good! Got lost as I went by it, not recognizing the plot...lol

18. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

AEowyn you are WRONG Siege needs more player run towns and establishments. And they dont hide the fact that the town is run by thieves and rouges the called it Barter Towne for Christ sakes. If they called it Lollipop Village you might have a point.

19. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Rather than messing up your design, what about donating some of the runes to the new library? Just a thought...

20. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

those containers are special and will continue to spawn books from sieges history. I in fact have some as well I go back periodically to look and see if any orc books have spawned.

21. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Where is this at? Yeah I will always be a noob...

as far as the rune library goes, I like the idea, especially if useful rune books are going to be revised regularly. Any vendor book would ahve to be changed every few months if not sooner. Also this goes in line with some of what we're trying to do with the RP Circle...increase awareness and particiaption of RP and player communities across the board.

Some of the runebook I have used alot are faction locations (I think I have a book for both Shadowlords and Minax), quest locations (seed quest runes are especially nice as it is very boring to do over and over), safe houses and such.