1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Basic Idea about Elementalists (magery)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AzSel, Feb 9, 2011.

1. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So I suddenly had an idea Id really like to see in UO. New stuff for magery...choose your elemental.

You can if you are above gm magery or such...choose an elemental type to specialize in. Your spells will be elemental based...fire if you choose fire or cold if you choose cold. And some spells are completely changed once you specialize in an elemental type.

For example Polymorp, its changed to something called Elemental Fury or something...and it will transform you to an elemental of your specialization type...fire elemental for fire and poison elemental for poison etc...each elemental specialization has unique powers...

I dont know if this will be doable for the Devs to pull off, or even desired, but its one of the things I personally would love to see:)

2. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea, thats what i did like about WOW, you choose a class [e.g. magery] and then spend your talent points in different areas depending on your lvl, like going all fire or fire and shadow.

Also it cost about 50 gold every time you wanted to respec but it was fun being able to have 100s of choices and ways to spec, granted there were best builds for different encounters but it cost a gold sink every time you wanted to change.

If it makes the game more diverse, like some sugestions about changing items to different slots or styles so we dont all look the same and use the same template for the same specific enounter. Im all for it.

Thunderz

3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

i like this idea too

4. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I didnt know this was in WoW, ive never tried WoW, but im sure it sucks...atleast the little I know about that game. But I would like to see something like this in UO for some future publish.

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

lol

6. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

We can already do this specialization in a round-about way.
    A few examples.....
    Fire Mage: Magery,Spellweaving

Frost Mage: Magery,Necro,Mystic

Poison Mage:Magery,Necro(and the poisoning skill)

7. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

sure, why not

8. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've tried WoW and yes it does suck. Idea is nice, but I would be a little leary of making mass additions to the classic skill.