1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Basket that doesn't open

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by JC the Builder, Aug 8, 2008.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone know where this came from, how many might exist and/or how much it would be worth? It looks just like a normal basket container that spawns daily except it isn't a container.

[​IMG]

2. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

I have also found bone containers that are basically the same, they don't act like containers. There are also empty tubs and barrels which don't act like containers. Anyone know about this stuff?

Also what about a Shepard's crook with that other graphic.

Finally, was there a seer named "Sage Arianna"? I found a book written be her/him. I will transcribe it later.

3. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the seer did exist. I have one of the baskets as well. Not sure of where it came from.

Reversed weapons n stuff arent too desirable.. but for some reason reversed recall runes are worth a ton.

4. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

the non container bones are actually a server birth from covetous.

as for the basket, i think there bugged to be honest. i do know the empty tubs were bugged.

way back when you could steal the buckets by filling them with water you could do the same thing with barrels and tubs. but when you emptied the tubs they did not turn into a container,, many patches later they were fixed. i still have quite a few that are bugged.

5. Why are you asking how much they are worth... I thought all the items in your Towers of Rares were locked down and weren't worth anything...

Hmm....

6. Aang

Aang Guest

Any idea what those sell for?

7. IDK, but I'm sure it all has a price...

8. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

It seems the troll has moved out from under the Atlantic forum bridge to the Rare forum one.

9. Just trying to keep you honest, JC. And it looks like you contradicted yourself again. Good luck with the sales.

10. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

It is quite obvious you don't know how the world of UO rares works Amanita, so let me take a moment to educate you. Some people like to know the value of the rare items they have but will never sell them. Or they might like to trade one item for another of comparative worth. Just because someone asks for a value does not mean they are going to go out and sell it.

But there is really no point in explaining anything to you because you are just here to make a fool out of yourself.

11. Wrong again: I'm here to make a fool out of you!

12. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

Link, unban me

13. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

No.

Also I forgot to post a link to the transcription of the book I found. You can read it here.

14. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have an unopenable basket I got from some idoc a long time ago. I believe Hemi also has one, and I recall we were equally stumped on their origins. Sorry that isn't more helpful. ;)

15. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

i believe you used to be able to MAKE unopenable baskets through the process of a certain method that would result in a banning from these forums to bring up. It was something like 8 years ago....