1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Be able to have words in chat highlight

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tanivar, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Can the new Chat System have the ability to highlight certain words added to it? I'd like to have the ability to make certain names or words and the message they are in highlight. It would make noticing messages that include your name and the replies of who you are talking to a lot easier to notice.

A good example would be the highlighting system in the text game Gemstone 4 at www.play.net which has a very nice one.

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd kind of like it if the name of the player who is talking is different than what they type out to say. Would make it a little easier to pick out chat as you're doing other stuff.

3. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I was going to suggest the same thing Sarsmi. That seems like a pretty basic feature that could really improve readability.

Of course, we also need the ability to join multiple channels and maybe a command to list the current members. I think the Trade channel really suffers... most of the WTB/WTS requests end up in General, because that's where most people are.