1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Be very very careful if you are considering buying an account in the near future

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Llewen, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There was a pretty massive dupe lately involving SOT's, and at least one player made billions from binding and selling those duped SOT's. The devs are aware of this issue and I am confident will be taking action, and the duper(s) knows that the devs are working on the issue. He may well try to sell his account(s) before action is taken against them.

If you are considering buying a high end account in the near future, I would strongly suggest that you hold off until the devs take action on this issue unless you know the person you are buying from very well, and you are absolutely certain that this person was not involved in the dupe. There is no doubt in my mind that the primary accounts involved are going to be permanently banned, and I don't know what would happen to one of those accounts if they had been sold.

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The dupe isn't just for SOTs friend. Bank checks and powerscrolls are among them.

Isn't selling accounts considered illegal now?

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Ah, I wasn't aware that it worked for anything other than sot books. It doesn't work anymore anyway as far as I know. I thought it was still legal to sell accounts and you could still do it through the accounting system officially, but maybe I'm wrong...

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't know. It was my understanding that you couldn't sell accounts. I wouldn't know how to get one off of my email group account thing anyway.
    I will say a guy posted somewhere on UHall a day or so ago about someone releasing packhorses filled with gold checks in Haven and tried to warn about it. It was the same time as the faction fiasco so I think it got pushed down and forgotten. (Or maybe moved?)
    Either way, it's good to hear that they fixed it.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You can no longer legally buy any EA game account from another player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.