1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Becoming a house owner

Discussion in 'UHall' started by syndael, Nov 11, 2012.

1. syndael

syndael Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Alright so a odd question for the old timers or see if UO housing is still doing this.
    Back pre AOS, I was a friend of a small house in fel yew when I use to PVP. The owner had not logged on in a long time, not sure if he canceled his account or life just got busy but one day I ran up open the door a window popped up. It's been way to long for me to remember what it actual said but it allowed me to transfer the ownership of the house onto my character ( normal rules apply, cant already own a house on the same account ) scene that day I owned the house.... anything like this happen to someone? :confused:

2. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmm. Never heard of that. Are you sure he didn't trade it to you while hidden or something?

3. syndael

syndael Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Ya I remember it being a small black box, but it was not the trade window.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Long long ago it did happen. They gave a co-owner a shot at the house if the owner had closed their accounts. Seems like it was back in UO:LBR days?

syndael likes this.
  5. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

6. syndael

syndael Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Now that I think of it, I am sure that's what happened

7. Lord Obsidian

Lord Obsidian Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

As far as I remember, this was a one time opportunity as a result of the introduction of the "one house per account" limitation.

(removed text)

Edit: oops, I overlooked the link of Gidge - after reading that, it looks like I pretty much mixed up some things... :confused: (I thought, at one point in this whole claim process, it was necessary to have the original keys?)

#7 Lord Obsidian, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012