1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Been away for a while

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by To Arvo, Oct 13, 2008.

1. To Arvo

To Arvo Guest

Hi all, prolly may not remember me but I played UO up till a couple of years ago. Found another MMO then life and stuff happened and last nite I finally sat down and thought hey Ill give UO another look at. My main question is, where did everybody go? Haven is totally messed up and dead, Britan is deserted, all the houses around mine are collapsed and gone, I wandered for a good 2 hours through empty landscape and dungeons. The only other players I found were a couple of guys banksitting in Luna and they may have well been part of the scenery for all the response I got from them. So where is everyone hiding?

2. Fink

Fink Guest

Basically to find people in number you'd have to be a member of a major guild or alliance. Typically there are a handful of Luna banksitters at most times of day, and other people off doing stuff. Hardly anyone just hangs around the bank.

3. Katlene

Katlene Guest

welcome back
    who were your chars? might help in the people remembering part :p

4. To Arvo

To Arvo Guest

My main 3 chars are
    To Arvo
    Amafailure
    Gra Jon

I have 3 other chars but they were either just out training skills solo or never left home.

I remember the days of just hanging around the Britan or Haven bank and have people come and go for all sorts of reasons. Now the usual haunts are like ghost towns. If there is a PvE guild who would be willing to take in some weary travellers pls msg me.

5. Katlene

Katlene Guest

dont seem to be able to PM you on here.. odd

PoC- are a great guild always have something going on

eob- are also a pretty full & busy guild

6. welcome back to oceania, always nice to see returning faces.

7. Amafailure! i remember you !!!

britany of the blue dragons [TBD]

8. To Arvo

To Arvo Guest

Hi Britany, hows it going.
    Could someone also tell me what in the name of Lord British happened to Magincia!!!!
    Actually a quick rundown of any major events/changes since 2006 would be appreciated. I left shortly after elves appeared.

9. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It was horrible! Demons everywhere! Demons that dropped Cursed Doom Arties! So much Bloodshed!

10. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It was 'destroyed', as it was in the Ultima single player series. Demons etc invaded and the town was turned into loot-able pieces ('rubble'). The city was either saved, or completely destroyed, depending on the players. All shards saved Magincia from memory, with the exception of SP.

The city is still destroyed as we await for the construction of 'New Magincia.'

11. wyrmtongue

wyrmtongue Guest

I used to play on Oceania too.

Now I'm on WoW.

I mainly lurk about.

I was Summer Winde and Truesilver Hete back in the day.

Doubt if anyone remembers me though. :pancakes:

12. Fink

Fink Guest

Truesilver Hete! I remember you...

13. wyrmtongue

wyrmtongue Guest

I remember you too Fink and your assorted toons. :D

I remember Ama's name and she still is the guild leader of POC. :hug:

And Katlene's name I know.

Rest of the peeps seem new.

UO the same and I wonder if my toons are there still after all these years? :eyes:

14. Katlene

Katlene Guest

*wonders if she should be worried*
    :p

Why dont you get your account up again and see if they are still there :p

15. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They should be, I rejoined uo after a 3 yr leave and all mine were in tact.

16. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Your chars should be fine, it has been almost 10 years since account/char purging has happened in UO (I believe the last time it was done was in '99).