1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Been bored lately...need suggestions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kujo806, Oct 4, 2010.

1. kujo806

kujo806 Guest

My brother and I have been playing off and on since UO's inception, and we logged back on this past week to try to get back into things. We mainly play PvM because we don't run full arty suits and have the time to master the PvP template/tactics of the month. Running the guantlet, lvl 6 tmap pulls, killing Onis and dragons, etc just ain't holding our interest at this point. I am looking for suggestions of challenging things to try. I want to do some stuff that gets my heart going like in the old days. The various peerless bosses sound interesting, but I would probably need a small group for most of those. Soloing dreadhorn with my sampy is something that sounds interesting, but I have had issues getting to him in the past. Basically let me know what you guys do for fun these days, and if anyone wants to show me the ropes, let me know (I play Lake Superior btw). As far as character templates go, I pretty much cover the spectrum so it shouldn't matter (Leg Tamer, Bard, Samp, Necro Mage, etc).

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I solo Medusa and the Styngian dragon... I also hunt Navrey... and I like to kill quite a few of mini champs in the Abyss.

3. canary

canary Guest

Guilds are wonderful things... why don't you try to find like minded individuals to join? What shard are you on?

4. kujo806

kujo806 Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I play on Lake Superior. I have thought about Navrey, the Stygian Drag, and Medusa. I guess I am a bit afraid of the unknown. Any tips? Which character type have you found is most effective? A few of my characters are in *ED*, but I have not been too active in the guild lately. I will have to ping the guild members more often.

5. Paldrion

Paldrion Guest

It sounds like the good old days are referring to the PvP that we used to be doing for fun. I rememebr the impromptu fights with bosses like Jurnar and the likes were fun too. I think it is time to bring in the Dawi people. Add to that a new system that gives people something to fight over such as Good vs Chaos and rule territory, automate a heirarchy where the ruler can command troops that have enlisted to go to an assigned area to fight their foes and generals and captain can strategize the troops more individually.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Challenge - Make a walk thru on how to solo everything in the game,Start w/ champs, SA/ter mur & dungeons, Ophids camp, etc - list tactics, weaps/armor,stats, w/ a min of skill changes. Thanx n advance

7. WhityJinn

WhityJinn Guest

There are no challenging things left in UO.

Unless you want to try to insult a GM or solo Slasher of Velvets or whatever that new bullcrap is called.
    It`s now actually a single player online clone of WoW.You don`t really need other people.Enjoy your stay.

8. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Role-playing - either on your shard or another. The nice thing about being an rper, you don't have to have a trained character so you can make a newbie character and give it a whirl. Some of the most fun rp experiences I've had have been with characters with no training.