1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Been gone about 9 years... tweakn my tamer.

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by MadNezz55, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MadNezz55

MadNezz55 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Well my old Tamer was
    Tamer
    Lore
    Vet
    Mage
    Med
    Music
    Peace

But Ive been thinking about playing around with a stealth tamer
    Taming
    Lore
    Vet
    Mage
    Hide
    Stealth
    Ninja (for animal form with G. Dragons??)

Im assuming that is why ppl put Ninja on Tamer templates for the animal form? Is there anything that ninja skill contributes besides animal form?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I run a stealth tamer and my template is:

Taming
    Animal Lore
    Vet
    Hiding / Stealth
    Magery / Eval

I mainly use it for champion spawns and take it along with guildmates to peerless bosses and such. I can't help with the question about Ninja though. I prefer eval to add an extra bit of punch to my spells.

3. MadNezz55

MadNezz55 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Oh and this is a pvm tamer. I hear bard skills suck which would be why im dropping them, so any input on bards would b helpfull too.

PS- I havent played in about 9 years

4. skaven

skaven Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It all depends on who you're going against. Discordance is really useful against final champs and against peerless and paragons, but you need 120 discordance to be effective.
    Provocation is useless against champs, but very useful against the spawn. Again, you need high provocation (>100) to be useful against the last level spawn.
    So if you're going to use bard skill you have to heavily invest in points on them, if you're going against high level monsters.
    Peacemaking is very useful for taming aggressive monsters, and to escape heavy spawn, but you can stop at GM and only use area peace if you're a tamer.

TL:DR if you're at GM Bard level and don't intend to invest in PS scrolls, trash them.