1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Beetle question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by startle, Jan 13, 2011.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hi,

I just got my first blue Beetle to go mining with (I know about fire beetles but have no way to get one). Anyway, how many ribs per day does it take to keep it well-fed and happy?

Thx

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I feed mine about every 3-4 months, 1 meat. instead of food, Most of the time(1-2 @mth), or when I think about it when I get off of it, I say all follow me, successful voice commands make it happy too. same as a horse

3. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ok, thx... I was for some reason thinking that pets needed to be fed every day to maintain "loyalty".

4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

pets like beetles and horses that need 0 taming dont really need to be fed.. just say follow me 2 or 3 times a day and he will be happy forever.

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pets lose loyalty if you ignore them, so give them regular instructions, but if they do not obey an instruction you give they also tend to drop loyalty one step at the same time, usually there's a sound they make when they refuse that lets you know they are unhappy about what you just said. If a pet ever refuses to do something, I'd suggest you feed it at once, just to be sure.

I'm guessing you don't have animal lore as a skill on that character, since that would tell you what the current happiness level is. Don't forget if your char is human they have the free 'notional 20 in all skills' so you can still try lore your pet, but it may take a few tries before you succeed.

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I feed my blue beetles ever time I log on and then tell them to follow me. It seems to keep them happy and content. I give the beetles 2 raw beef riblets or raw birds daily even if we may not have to do so. I look at it like feeding our rl pet dogs or cats daily, no food, ya loose your pet. Seems very simple to keep em faithful and happy so I feed me pets in game daily. I do have ethys but they do not make *happy noises*being fed, since ethys do not eat. :) They more like owning a GHOST pet...no sounds no hunger nothing...kinda boring, sound wise movement wise, compared to in game horses beetles etc. for our pets, that are not ethereals.

If I am askin them to lug a lot of things on a said day, that I didn't comm. deed up, I figure they getting tired and grumpy and I refeed them after a few heavy hauls they may be doing, to help me out. :)

I did error once, when tryin to lug 20+ stacked huge roasted pigs to a party, and slipped them onto the beetle's back...well he ate em ALL ! Sooo don't DO that open it's backpack FIRST not just dump em over the beetles back or ya may loose and entire party's worth of roasted piggies ! :)

7. Babble

Babble Guest

Feed it every time you leave it alone longer to make sure it stays loyal.