1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Begging

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MissEcho, Oct 20, 2014.

1. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ok seeing as how stratics is not working for info, and I don't think there is much on there anyways re begging and seeing as I can't find a begging forum, can someone please assist.

Is there anywhere you can 'train' begging up to 30 points?

What is the best way to gain it. I have been going for ages now and don't seem to be getting hardly a gain from 0 skill.

All help appreciated.

2. HugsNKissesUO

HugsNKissesUO Visitor

Don't quote me on this, but I think you get gains for successful begs and with 0.0 skill you won't ever be successful, not sure if or where you can train it though.. Maybe from Begger NPC's?

I'd recommend making a new char if you have room with 50 begging then just soul stoning it over, I think beggings one of those long skills to gain.

3. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

When I remember right, you can train begging from a thief guildmaster. Try Cove to find one.
    Gains you only get from active begging. I used to make rounds in Heartwood or Cove.

4. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

I think there are beggars in Haven that will give some skill.

5. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You will need to find the theif guildmaster, he can train you to 30 or so. Best would be to make a new char and soulstone skills over to the char you want it on - if you got room for it.

Then you have to start begging. Cove is a very nice plase for training.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Heartwood is probably one of the easiest places to train Begging... there are plenty of trash barrels there to dump the junk you get when you beg and their are several NPC's in a circular type area you can go around and around and around working on your begging only to stop and dump crap in the barrels as you go. It's honestly one of the more tedious and frustrating skills to work as unlike many others like magic schools or fighter classes you actually can't beg from "more difficult" sources as you gain..... everything is the same. It's only gained by constant and perpetual use... and success. Which makes it much like Taming slow and tedious. With hours of repetitious clicking.

Good luck.

And yes I believe it is the Thief Guildmasters who will train you in it.

If you can afford it I most highly recommend getting yourself a Mythic token and just taking it to 90 and saving yourself hours of clicking and tedium... but that's just me.

7. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Then buy 2 +5 sots lol. Most annoying skill to train ever lol.

8. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well found the thief guildmaster in Cove, doesn't train begging, everything else but. ...... Don't want to delete a char to create a new one, not for begging lol Only reason I need train it again is that I just closed the account that had my gm begger on it. Last time I trained it I did start with 50 skill, guess I will do it the slow way this time. I also have the joy of training up detect hidden and snooping again as well, oh what fun :(

Thanks for the replies.

9. Tyrtle

Tyrtle Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Look for a gypsy in new haven to train begging.

Larisa likes this.
  10. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Get some blue's - gain will be fast at low level.

11. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

This....currently there is a gypsy in the Inn on Origin in New Haven.

They train Begging, Camping, Snooping and Stealing.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

dont you train begging with those herald deeds?