1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

beginning lockpicking on Siege

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Dire Wolf, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf Guest

got up to 25 on siege trying to pick a paragon chest, then it stopped, so I went to provisioners and the gains are slow, any other ideas? I am limited due to the fact that I cant have a tinker character to make chests to pick, any other ways? should i try to find some treasure chests level 1 or 2???

2. -Whiskey-

-Whiskey- Guest

you should really be raising those skills together atleast until Rot LP & Tink

3. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well since Seige has similar layout to other shards go to Vesper Bank the rooms in back have locked chests. The room with the most chests are all lvl1 and 2, the other rooms are lvls 2 and 3 which makes for a good place for training. The chests relock when the room resets (should see chests be moved around in room) it resets about every 15-20mins

4. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

When I trained LP (a long time ago) I did it by walking around Safe Haven picking (or trying to) gypsy chests. It was kinda slow, but that's how I made my gold in the beginning since killing brigands was about my only skill as a newborn tamer. SP being what it is, I met some really great people wandering around and ya, sometimes they killed me first.

Later, the guild THB was started on SP by Lindisfarne. The guildhouse contains boxes to train with, a full rune library, and supplies. THB has helped many young treasure hunters on our shard. A post on the SP shard forum or PM to either Lindisfarne or Bennos would be the best way to get their help.

On SP crafting is an important part of life and we have many fine crafters who could make you whatever items you need to train with. Most would be happy to help a young player. Instead of listing all the reputable crafters that I can think of, I think it would be better or make a post on the SP shard forum to introduce yourself and list any things that you need to train up with.

My vendor shop carries some things that you might find useful at some point, especially the skill jewery and LRC armor. If you're looking anything you can PM me or ICQ me at 95865467
    if I don't stock it I'll probably know a vendor that does.

5. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wolf, I'm gonna try getting you some lockable boxes and picks by trading this +15 music 95 luck brace I just dug up.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Go around the docks, pick the barrels. Not all are pickable, and not all are the same level, but there are lots of them about. Jhelom has 2 areas, skara has a few, Glow has some Brit hasn't. Ocllo has. Also you can pick chests in inns. Skara is good for that one.

7. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I picked up some picks and lockable boxes. I dropped them off at the THB guildhouse inside a chest on the first floor. Any THB membor or myself can get them for you when we're on.

8. Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf Guest

I'm at 95 now and stopped gaining until i tried dungeon chests, now gaining again in Destard:

"Once you have reached 95 enhanced skill, you will no longer be able to gain from the GM boxes. Some people believe that it does help to run through them a few times, even though you will not raise from them. Whether you do this or not is up to you. The only way to raise now is to hit the dungeon chests and the harder statics in towns and dungeons. "