1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Being constructive on stratics?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Veese Catskills, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi friends.. I'm a little confused on how me and my wife's posts keeps getting closed because it's "personal" but uhm.. people will post about having babies, meeting irl, or even picture threads?
    And reguarding to the moderator, Podolak - and I quote, "What doesn't get you banned in General Chat won't necessarily work here. If you can't post something constructive go elsewhere." - don't you think that's kind of a personal jab?
    Which leads me to say.. Who's to say what is constructive on UO? I mean there is rp, pvp, pvm, and people who just logs on to log on.. we all pay the same amount to play, why can't we play how we want? Which leads me to believe.. Catskills moderators are members of the decline.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The answer isn't half as difficult as you're trying to make it.

3. Yet you don't have one?

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Have one what? Surely you're not asking for a comprehensive definition of "constructive."

If you are, click here.

P.S. Personal attacks will never, ever fit into this definition. Just fyi.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I have an answer. Do not make this a public battle. While Syrus treads lightly, I do not. If you have issues with Stratics and the staff take it private. Visit with the Mod or the admins.

This thread will be locked until reviewed by the local mods or admins.

6. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This is directly from the RoC:

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Nor do I, so I suggest you follow Kelmo's advice.

Here's the deal, this is a gaming forum. Not Veese and Elisa's personal love den/playground. Before you hit the submit post button do a quick check list, just to save us all a lot of headache.

1) Is this post related to UO? (besides it being on a UO forum directed to a UO player.)
    2) Is there anything inappropriate being discussed? (such as bodily functions)
    3) Is there a point or is it just general jabbering to add to your post count? (We have an OT section if you really just want to shoot the bull)

This thread will remain locked, and if you decide to open up another one infractions will be issued. This is your warning. If you have a problem take care of it via PM or email, not on the public forums.

As far as you questioning the legitimacy of other threads... I'll just say this: OT threads are permitted at the discretion of the moderator(s) working on a forum. If a mod deems a thread is not appropriate it will be locked or moved as necessary. If you have a problem with this policy please feel free to email [email protected].

Any further issue with this please feel free to contact me via PM or use the above email address to contact an admin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!