1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Being having problems with write-ups on Stratics, anyone else ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, May 9, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Starting today, I have been having problems when writing up something on Stratics.

So far, it has happened with both a reply to a Private Message and with a reply to a Post in a thread.

When I hit the "Post reply" button, the page does not refresh (i.e. my reply gets posted and the writing text window enmty out...) and I keep getting the same screen with my written text there and the button "Post reply" still showing as to hinting me that my first try did not work.

Yet, even though the text I wrote is still showing up in the reply window, it was indeed posted because I tried double checking on a thread in a separate window and indeed my reply showed up as posted even though in the other window it still showed up as not posted because the page did not refresh.

Anyone else having this problem ? Is it a problem with Stratics ?
    It started happening today, did not have it yesterday.

Thanks.

2. popps

popps Always Present

It happens also with the button "create thread", just verified it with the above post to create this very one thread. In my original window to create the thread the text still shows up with the button "Create Thread" below AFTER having already pressed it. That is, "as if" the thread was not created (window would not refresh).

Yet, I opened up UHall in a separate window and my newly created thread was there, showing up.

Anyone more techie has clue as to what is going on ?

Thanks.

3. popps

popps Always Present

Now, this is weird....

for the reply to the original post (#2 post in this thread) which I just posted, the window refreshed just fine and the text disappeared from the writing window.... that is, it went back to working fine as it always had.

Is it working again ? just out of magic ? Go figure.....

4. popps

popps Always Present

Now, this is even weirder..... in posting post #3, it again went back to not working, i.e. still not refreshing the window and showing the text up in it "as if" it had not been posted....

Could it be a problem of latency coming and going ?

Yet, I do have a decent DSL connection so this should not happen........

Any ideas ?

5. popps

popps Always Present

I am also having quite a lot of "database errors" coming up my screen while using Stratics Forums....

What gives ?

6. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Try using a different browser... or maybe you have spyware / virus's **** in your comp screwing everything up. I haven't had any issues with the site in a long time

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

There are some ongoing issues that we're trying to work out. Sorry for the posting troubles.

8. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

The site was down for quite a while early this morning, both the main UO Stratics site and the forums. But it looks like Taylor is aware of this.

Taylor likes this.