1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Benefits of Skill Over GM For MIBs

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Talula, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Talula

Talula Guest

HI,

I'm adding fishing to my treasure hunter to swap in and out with mining, but with my current template I only have room for GM. Is there any advantage to having skill greater then GM when fishing up serpants and MIBs? That's all that I want to do with the skill... I have no interest in doing the fishing quests etc.

2. Mr Bug

Mr Bug Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I've done quite a bit of fishing since High Seas came out and have done numerous quests. I am now a legendary fisher and I would say no you do not get any real benefits from having higher fishing skill beyond GM other than rare fish, so if you just want to fish for MIB/SOS, GM should be fine. The RNG for which MIB's turn into ASOS don't seem to be any better at higher skill either. Hope that helps, good luck and may the bait be with you.

Lord Aphid/ The Albatross LS

3. JimmyB

JimmyB Guest

I hit 120 fishing on 1/29 and have to disagree with the last reply. I find that I get a LOT more mibs, normally when I catch one I stop my ship and usually get 2 more in a row. I find this happens often, especially if I am baiting for rare fish. Most days of 1-2 hours fishing I average over 20 mibs.

4. Gowron

Gowron Guest

I haven't hit 120 yet, but from the time I hit 115 and on, I've noticed a sharp increase in the MiBs that I fish up. However, I don't expect a major shift in the ratio of ancients to regular SoSs.

5. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with the previous two posters, I've noticed a significant increase in the mibs after GM.