1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best Anti-Stealther Template?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Edmond_Dantes, Jan 20, 2010.

1. So.... I am returning to UO (Siege to be specific) and as we all know, there is an abundance of stealthers on Siege, so I figured it would be a lot of fun to have an anti-stealther.

Anyways, this is the template I've been playing around with at the moment, and just wanted to put it out there to get some feedback, or suggestions.
    (I have 710 skillcap FYI)

115 Ninja
    115 Archery
    110 Tactics
    90 Healing
    100 Anatomy
    90 Tracking
    90 Detect Hidden

Not sure if the deathstrike damage would be very good at all even with the tracking, but would be using ninjitsu mainly for dp suriken, animal forms, focus attack and mirror image.

Thanks for the input!

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

does not sound bad. But, as you will read if you post on the siege forums from someone- ALWAYS pick a template that is fun first and playable second. If it is fun to you, you will get good at it and find ways to develop its' strong points, and cover its' weak ones. If it isn't fun to you, no matter how playable, you will grow disgruntled.

3. oh yes, I'm well aware of that, I used to run a Lumberjack warrior back in the day, even after it got gimped, I still enjoyed it hehe.

This template I've worked out seems like I will enjoy quite a bit doing some thief and stealther hunting, and hopefully it should be *okay* against stealth tamers, or at least give me an edge :)

Cheers!

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

thief hunting!!!
    *steps back further into shadows*

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Sounds like a fun template. You could also consider mage/eval instead of healing/anat. This would not only allow you to gate around, but you could potentially paralyze a stealther. When I thief, I have wolf form to protect me from normal attacks, but a thief template is often too cramped to fit magic resist, making me more vulnerable to paralyze. On my ninja toons, I find I rarely die unless I get paralyzed.

I always thought it'd be fun to make a detective on Siege...but I just have too many thief friends over there. :(

6. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Trapped Box...

7. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

do not let that discourage you! I doodle forensics in my spare time. It must be getting close to 60 now? I believe that MANY thieves would like some detectives on siege- whether it is being played by a part time thief or not! I have read many bemoanings mourning a lack of detectives. My belief is that their appearance would be met with welcomed approval.

8. Taylor

*licks lips* :D

9. Taylor

You're right, I should carry them. I just have a habit of never carrying anything lootable on my prodo thief.

10. Yeah I'm enjoying my char so far (can't hunt down you slimy thieves yet due to guild restrictions hehe)

Anyways, just wanted to update my changes to the template...
    It now looks like this

75 Chivalry
    120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    95 Healing
    100 Anatomy
    100 Tracking
    100 Detect Hidden

I dropped Ninjitsu just because it's really limiting what you can do with ninjitsu as an archer.... focus attack doesnt work, deathstrike is halved, etc.

Chivalry gives me a little more versatility with heals cures, and CW is nice for people without all 70's suits, and EEO is great for pvm

Anyways, enjoying the template, soon sooon soooooon i shall dominate defenseless thieves all around muahahah!

11. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

we shall see, we shall see........

12. Taylor

If I were going to make a thief killer, it would look a lot like this. Well done. :thumbup1:

13. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, that looks a little TOO good lol.

14. taglol

taglol Guest

I might just join you in your crusade. Been meaning to try out Siege for a while now, and that looks like a really fun template!

15. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'll be the guy waiting to be revealed, that you wish you could invis :fight: