1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best combo

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by soveren, Jan 6, 2009.

1. soveren

soveren Guest

hello guys, me and my friend is a 2 mage-tamers, he going with greater dragon so i need to take a combo which does the best damage, i'm thinking about rune beetle + bake/mare, what do you think which is best combo?

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

For sheer output of damage nothing will come close to the DP BLEED RAGE 800+mana dumps 30+hits of the beetle/bake!!!

However, certain situations a Hiryu will maximise damage from the drag (they have a special that drops physical resist by about 35ish)

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd follow Rich's advice, if you're teamed with someone on foot using a greater, you won't need to worry about being on foot yourself. And hiryu are great too, especially as they require a lot less skill than a GD does, I love mashing up ballies with mine :)

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What Rich said is truth.

True story: I led a group of three people into Mel, two had GD's and I had a weaver/mage. It took a little longer than 15 minutes to finish her off.

Then I switched characters, went in with my beetle/bake powerhouse combo, and we finished the fight in less than 8 minutes (including separating/killing the satyrs).

But Rich did forget armor corruption from the beetle.

Another great 2 player combo is Dread horse/nightmare/beetle/bake. With that we were killing balrons almost as fast as we could spam all kill (in Melissa's room).

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I understand that the beetle/bake combo does more damage than beetle/mare. How does the beetle/bake team compare to beetle/dread?

6. I'd guess pretty well, since both beetles and dreads are 3 slots, and thus a beetle/dread is... impossible?

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oh my word, not sure where my brain is tonight...

Eh, who cares. I'm in the Bahamas and I've been drinking rum. I'm excused. :p

8. It depends on resist

for high resist enemies use beetle kitsune

but against things with 60 or lower physical, you can sue 5 frenzied ostards if they are tanking with the greater dragon for you

frenzieds have the highest damage output in the game, they just have the weakness of low hp and resists