1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best day ever

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by afreespirit, Feb 28, 2008.

1. afreespirit

afreespirit Guest

I first logged on at 7:30 am and decided to do some mining. I found a valorite spot in a cave close to my house and decided to mine it for as long as it lasted. Which turned out to be for quite awhile. So while working from home I'd log in once or twice an hour for 5 min and hit that spot. It finally gave out just before 8pm [​IMG]. My haul for the day was around 500 piles.

But it got even better. I next logged in at 11pm and stepped out to see the whole of the mountain near my house strewn with piles of ore. The whole of the northern side of Reaper valley as well as part of the east and west sides was a miner's dream. I don't know why anyone would leave so much ore on the ground for little old me. Maybe I have secret admirer [​IMG].

Twenty minutes of picking up the pieces and this was the final haul (in piles);
    550 iron
    26 dull copper
    256 shadow iron
    46 copper
    14 bronze
    46 gold
    18 agapite
    48 verite.
    Plus assorted smaller piles I didn't bother to count.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nice :) I have had that happen to me a few times but not since the mining changes although I was in despise yesterday and saw a pile of gold siting on ground and when i clicked and it it was 36k + gold 36k for 5 min ill take it every time plus while I was there I got 10th anniversary sculpture worth another 300k+ all told i was there maybe 20 min

3. Guest

Guest Guest

sounds like someone was mapping the range... back when the veins were consistent I would leave ore sometimes if I was more concerned with marking recall runes than gathering since I was always coming back.
    Nice find on the valorite... 2 days and I still haven't found a vein yet.

4. afreespirit

afreespirit Guest

<blockquote><hr>

sounds like someone was mapping the range... back when the veins were consistent I would leave ore sometimes if I was more concerned with marking recall runes than gathering since I was always coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I thought it might have been something like that since most of the piles were size 2-8. But there were 2 iron piles that required 2 trips and one pile of shadow that was 112.