1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

BEST goldsink idea EVER ! Dev´s listen!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Der Rock, May 26, 2010.

1. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

what about the idea to make it possible that EVERY item/artie/reward in the game could be bought from a special npc vendor,at EXTREM high prices ?

why?

because

1.it would be the biggest gold sink ever (real gold sink)

2.player could chose how they like to get the item

a.collect themselve during gameplay(cost 0 gold)

b.buying cheaper from other player (cost cheaper)

c.buying expensive from npc (good gold sink)

prices should be extremly high, like CC 30M /Cryst.Ring 30M/Tangle 30M and so on..

;)

2. The palmer

The palmer Visitor

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

4. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

why do you think we need a gold sink?

5. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

why? because i have hudrets of millios in chests and cant spent the gold.......
    some item output is to low,not all player like to search 12 month to get items they need..

6. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

so you don't really want to remove gold from the game, you just want to be able to get items easier, and since you have a lot of gold, you think you should be able to buy them with gold

that doesn't explain why we may or may not need to remove gold from the game

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If every "rare" item was included I'd be game to see it just for the mad ravings of the "rares" crowd. Oh my how I would LOL.

8. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

thats your logic????????????????

I want to DO something with 2000 000 000 gold....

many items player want are NOT in vendors for 4-5-6 or more month :(

9. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

i didnt talk about rares and event items.....! ;)

10. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

er, yes you did ... "EVERY item/artie/reward in the game" is what is written (at this time) in your original post. That includes server birth rares, etc.

Besides, I think if they REALLY implement a good cheat-catcher, 100 mill should automatically be deducted from their gold. Each offense after removes another 100 mill.

but n/m ... I'm derailing your thread.

11. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

You could sell yoru gold? You could make connections with teh big brokers who sell the items you want...Even if they only sell for cash...sell yoru gold then buy the item with cash.

12. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

no, it's your logic.

you've made that very clear

ok, fine. but I still don't understand why you think we need a gold sink.

13. Myna

Myna Guest

2 000 000 000 gold

and you suggest a crystaline ring should cost 30 mil .... in your eyes extreme expensive ..LOOOOOOOOOOL

best joke ever

24 mil is the price of this ring on my shard
    30 mil for a tangle ... really cheap

and in a few days everybod is running around with a tangle and a crystaline ring ... omg

you wouldnt have any more goals in the game if you could buy anything you want, the game would bore you to death if you havent something to do because you could buy all.

when you think you have to much gold, give a bit new players to help them starting or secure it in a trash barrel, that would be a real gold sink

14. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

1.aarrrggghh ,thats ONLY examples! make them 50m,who cares.

2.more boring then now?(you cant play the template you like because you cant find the right items you want?)

3.no,you have enough to do to get the gold for the items!

4.i spent gold to new players if i meet some.

;)

15. xxmoondancerxx

xxmoondancerxx Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I know the solution forget about a gold sink!

GO TO THE TEST CENTER!!

You can use allllllllll the weapons you want!:lol:

I am quite speechless on this thread,
    see gold will be around forever until they shut the game, right down to a silly mongbat. So whats the gold sink for again? lol

16. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

i bet you was one of the first who bought a complet set of faction arties
    I BET ;)

17. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Here's the major problem with your thinking.
    EA/UO/Devs have just set the prices of all items so lets say if the normal price for a CC is 15M and EA says it is 30M then everyone that sells them will ask 25-29M for them just to undercut EA by a little. All this does is drive up prices that players will ask.

If you want EA to sell them then EA needs to undercut, not overprice, to make sure people buy from them and not the over priced market.

The better the price the more EA will sell.

But the problem still remains that now EA will be setting the prices for items and not the players.

18. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Because players sit around with hundreds of millions of gold with nothing to spend it on.

19. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Bad, bad, bad, bad idea...la

20. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Of course theres things they can spend it on. Could spend more of it if people stop complaining about bthings being too expensive and Trying to compare prices to when you could buy a castle for 20k gold.

21. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

maybe people aren't offering enough money to make items worth selling

sounds like a liquidity problem to me. everyone is rich but doesn't want to cut open the mattress.

no one wants to sell tangle for 30 mil? offer 40, 50, 60....

22. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

This is also crazy. Removing the free economic system the players establish. Hell it was advertise in UO boxes to make a corporate own economic system. To were Ea establish prices and not the players or availability. Yep fun times....
    Ea too expensive player sells for less. Ea too cheap player won't bother even trying for the item=dead system.

23. agpga

agpga Guest

Why do people think that offering items for gold is considered a gold sink? All you are doing is replacing one commodity with another thus transferring the way the economics of the game works. If there is to be any kind of gold sink you have to take a monetary item or gold completely out of the game. IE:
    having a temporary increase in your stats (which would cost gold of course) or being able to purchace any kind of a temporary buff that would benefit you but you would not be able to resell said buff. I have no problem with a gold sink but you can't trade one currency for another and call it a gold sink.

24. Cyric

Cyric Guest

lol do they still do that trash thing?
    I rem back in the day when the servers were getting lagged they offered us rewards for throwing items in trash barrels..

25. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have a house that costs nothing in upkeep.

I have a suit of armor which never needs replacing.

I have all the potions, reagents, and other consumables I need 1,000 times over.

I have a mount which never needs replacing.

The only thing I spend money on is insurance. I could die 100,000 times and never run out of gold.

UO used to have an economy based on things decaying. They took that all out of the game. Now there is nothing to spend gold on.

26. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

in theory, they could sell name/gender change tokens for in-game gold.. but they won't do that for obvious reasons.

they'd have to come up with some new type of thing along the lines of the hair dye. maybe skin color change?

27. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I suppose rare collecting would be the only thing you could try to get into since those prices will probably never drop unless new items are created which make the old ones no longer rare...la

28. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

maybe have a large sum payment for insta-faction stat loss recovery.. to be used at a critical time, but at a big cost? i dunno.

29. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

best gold sink?
    give all your gold to me and its done :D
    Seriously why trash the gold? If you dont know how to use it, try to fill every shards (japanese too) with new chars in full best suit that you can buy and here you are, your gold is gone :D

30. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

What would be the point of playing the game? You could just buy a bunch of gold and then buy all the items you need.

If you want a real goldsink, you should make towns and cities malleable, able to be improved or rearranged based on sufficiently high investments of gold. Sort of like the Community Collections, except not stupid and carpal-tunnel-inducing.

31. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How would this work? "Oh, I can buy a crimmy for 15mil from someone else since I can't be arsed to do a Meli or 300. OR I could buy one for 50bajillion gold and a puppy named spots. Or I could buy one for 15 dollars from a certain type of website we all know about..." Who in their right mind is gonna go "Oh well I only spent 50bajillion hours making this amount of gold (Very casual player, 1gp per hour) "So instead of waiting for the insanely cheaper option, I'm going to spend it all!" But let's ignore the fact that the people who have this money seeping out of their spare change purse PROBABLY already have all the arties they need or the means to get them quickly and much cheaper.

The idea is terrible... I'm sorry. Might as well sell slightly off-hued carrots for 50mil and call it a sink.

32. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Ok, had there been any food in my mouth...well. Nice one, and to Der Rock, there's no difference between this post and the one Rico made that you commented on....silly.

33. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

faction crimson cincture 2000 silver
    faction crystalline ring 4000 silver
    :lol:

they made it possible for the have-not, why not let us rich people spend mo´if we need the item, and dont like to search vendors several month ?
    if a CC cost 50 m at the npc vendor but on player vendors 25M, so who cares?
    the player who see the cc on a player vendor will buy it,so no one get hurt.

34. BIGJON

BIGJON Guest

Way to go, the 1 millionth post on gold sinks......... you win.......... 100 million gold now what ya gonna do. Conjur up a post on scripting or speed hacks?

35. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Der Rock is just trolling. The truth is that it is just Popps posting using a proxy server!

You'll notice the english is poor. To make it look real, he types what he wants to say, and then uses Altavista's translator to go from English to German to Russian back to English.

36. :lol:

37. Babble

Babble Guest

I would still advise EA then to go the itemshop way.
    Buy an artefact for $5 with selfrepair $10 and blessed too $15

38. Nails

Nails Journeyman

sorry you took such a hammering of insults for posting a decent idea. This is why a lot of folks choose not to post here.

--less gold in circulation = an increase in golds value.. ie when ea took out trillions a couple of years ago the brokers had a increase in prices and items changed in prices. Items are 70 -100 mil because gold is so undervalued.

--replacing gold with an item is not equal swap of currency - yes more items but less gold floating around- you cannot dble click an inquis and have it turn back into the ORIGINAL gold checks; those checks are gone forever.

--it would be cool to buy an item here and there to free up the boring hours of not getting a drop. i don't have days to keep farming... or i will lose my GF and sanity

--i do not agree that EA would be setting the price of items unless they low balled them. If they set a crimmy at 30 mil, there are enough in circulation that player run vendor prices would not change... they would still compete with each other. If they set a crimmy at 15... well then there are issues.

--i do not think all items but like the idea of dyes and artis. the choice is nice to camp or buy.

it is not a big deal if folks all have access to the same stuff. imbuing pretty much does that already. same folks that want balance are the same folks that hate this. this place can be insane at times.

39. Evlar

Evlar Guest

I know a good gold sink for rich players... though perhaps you could call it a "redistribution of wealth", with a community orientated spirit to it...

It's sat there, you're doing nothing with it, you want to get rid of some of it?

Why not use some imagination. Have some player-run events and give out some prizes.

· UO Pub quiz. Points mean prizes!

· Fox 'n Hounds hunt. You be the fox, carry some checks, whoever catches you wins.

· Player organised "treasure hunt" - hide stuff in some obscure locations, give clues.

· Plus much more you can do if you want to lost some gold :)

Depends how much you value your pixels though...

*shrugs*

40. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You really don't understand anything?

No ones talking about people who don't have getting them.

You're talking about rich people spending **** tons of gold to get something they probably already have. That's why it'll fail. It alienates anyone who doesn't have tons of gold. Seriously, do you even think before you write idiotic responses?

41. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, it's an amazing idea that wouldn't change anything because it would generally never be used.

Think for a second.

42. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, but once EA proves that they can sell a crimmy at 30M then all crimmies are worth 30M and the sellers are going to raise their prices. Don't know what economic models you have looked at. Once a market proves it will support a higher price for an item then all sellers of that item will want the same price for their item. This is known as greed, plain and simple.

43. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Also known as capitalism,government,manufacturers,retail stores,distributers,oil-gas companys,UN,companys,presidents,politicians,stock market,banks,baseball cards,selleble goods for hobbys,drug dealers,drug companys,IRS, united states,most so call democratic countries,war effort,haliburton,iraq war,currency converter,etc...

I guess the opposite of this would be hippies,homeless,communism or at least for the people the rulers in communism are pretty greedy, I would say church,feed the childrean and salvation army but the amount of money priest and those causes pull in is way over the top which doesn't all go to what they should

44. Nails

Nails Journeyman

Not so, i run out there and put out 5 robes for 2 mil per and someone undercuts. no matter what u sell peeps undercut. No one wants to sit on crimmys because they are too high. i could see your argument on slower shards though. somewhere like atl players will undercut ea. a slow shard... well i could see your point. so overall... this may need to be reconsidered because so many shards are slow...

45. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Gold sink to sell artifacts that players in this game are already selling on their vendors? Wouldn't that interfere with player market?

Here's a better idea: Come up with a gold sink that doesn't interfere with items already in the player market.

46. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

If you have hundreds of millions in gold and you have nothing to spend it on? My heart bleeds for you! Not.

Stop bilking people with your overpriced Luna vendors/mall.

Stop hording items, rares, rewards, etc.

Your gluttony is whats wrong in the current UO economy - We KNOW the economy won't/can't be repaired...last thing we need is a gold sink for the disgustingly rich.

Or *gasp* you could hold an event, or twelve on your shard.. Give some gold to these "newbies" people claim to see.. Or simply find a less fortunate player.

Take a break from UO once in a while, there's that whole wide world thing out there. Scary, I know...

47. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Best way to get some gold out of the system that was farmed by one ButtHelmet and bought for RL money by a bigger ButtHelm. All gold is removed from check form and at the same time all vendors removed and items and gold (not check) put to the moving crate.

Gold is tossed in the street to make room for the latest conquest. Nothing will be priced on a vendor for more then 60k x 125 or 150.

Players will have to come up with a barter system with items and resourses being exchanged. The wieght of gems is increased 10x as is their NPC sales.

NPC is set up to turn gold in. The amount racks up till you pick one of a group of unique character obsidian statue that reflects that gold amount. One time per account. Just to mark in UO history who the biggest ButtHelm is.

Best gold sink yet is insurance is multiplied by 100. And with checks gone you better have a few dozen stacks of gold in the bank. And PKing gold can have an option to go to a Statue NPC Collector. That character can in time pull a unique statue of their character with the gold total. The fel game is "Who's the better killer"

After the vendor and checks clean up is set off. Before a house can be entered a character from the houses account has to vote on a poll. The poll is to decide how much gold does it take to buy a 'Strip of Copper' by all shards. Like spring clean up is held every so often, so will the gold to SoC conversion be held. This way there is still a way to purchase a large item without a string of packy loaded with checks.

48. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

think about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

WHY doesnt a Primer on Arms Talisman from the library cost 15 000 000 on player vendors?

15 000 000 is the buying gold price in the library
    (15m is the buying price for ALL of those items)

NO,the average price on player vendors is 2-2,5 M

buying a crystalline ring for 50 000 000 on a npc vendor will hurt what/who ????

it would be nice if poster bring VALID arguments if they are against excellent ideas ;)
    otherwise, one gets the impression some post against anything except "classic" threads

;)

49. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

I think it would just encourage gold farming. Or buying gold with cash, which would to more gold farming.

50. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Better than a gold sink, get rid of 99.9% of all gold, but make the gold we have worth almost as much as the gold we got rid of:

1) Reduce all gold by 99.9% (1,000gps = 1gp) rounding off to nearest full gp. Any pile of gold with less than 500 gp would disappear.
    2) Add feature to vendors to allow the owner to auto re-set all prices to .1% of what they previously were (rounding up).
    3) Leave pricing the same for all basic items on NPC Vendors, but reduce the price for all resources, lootables, and non-basic items (i.e. Shadow Iron Shields), which will fluctuate based on supply/demand. Any items bought from NPC Vendors before the change could only be sold back for 1/1000th the original value (to stop folks from buying tons of NPC stuff before the change then sell it back after).
    4) Either remove loot gold or reduce it to just a trickle (1-10 gps) on everything except Level 5 Fame Creatures (Balrons, Ancient Wyrms), Bosses (mini and full) and Champions.
    5) Make sure the gold on all bosses (i.e. Swoops) is based on difficulty.
    6) Remove or greatly reduce gold earned from turning in BODs.
    7) Leave housing prices high.
    8) Implement global NPC vendor pricing. Sometimes you can buy ingots for 20gp each in Minoc, then sell the same ingots for 55gp in Luna. So 500 ingots can net you 17,500 gp in less than a minute. That doesn't make sense especially since we can recall or sacred journey almost anywhere we want to go. The price for any item should be the same regardless of where you buy or sell it.

Items 3 and 8 stop players from exploiting vendors for gold and also keeps mundane items relatively high.

Items 4, 5, and 6 make gold much harder to accumulate, thus gold value stays high. If there are other ways to easily accumulate gold, they should also be made harder (such as buying cloth, cutting it into bandages, then selling the bandages to a healer at a profit).

Item 7 makes housing valuable again. Sure. Someone could sell their house for the gold, but then they wouldn't have a house and wouldn't be able to afford to buy another until they save up the gold again.

This isn't just about removing 0's. It's about making a gold piece worth something again. Right now, 1,000 gold isn't even worth looting.