1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best place to raise resist spells if you cant cast magery?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tye, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Tye

Tye Sage

where can you raise this skill fast without actually bein able to cast on yourself? thanks again fellas

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I did this just today!

Go to haven and round up some spectral spellbinders. Lure them to the coast and jump in a boat. They will cast all the spells and raise your resisting spells without taking any damage.

Grab a few SOA's to speed things along a bit if you can.

3. hirikawa

hirikawa Journeyman

Yup i always do it the same way as DJAd mentioned. If you gather like 10 Spectrals you can gain 120 RS really fast :) To gather so many just teleport few times from boat to New Heaven or ask for some help.

4. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Several shards also have a public patio house on the west edge of old haven. You can pull the spellbinders up there and sit on the porch easier than using the boat, if a house is available on your shard. Drag their health bars up in a group, tab into aggro, and occassionally dbl click all of them to keep them interested. Otherwise several will get bored and wander off.

Odin of LS likes this.
  5. hirikawa

hirikawa Journeyman

Patio is more risky because it's in the Old Heaven. Why risky? Some times newcomer comes near and kill spectres thinking that we were in trouble lol

Silent Singer likes this.
  6. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

And if you can't see them in old haven, kill skeletons and zombies until the mini area boss show up, dispatch him and the spectral spellbinders will spawn again.
    Then lure at least 6 of them to the public house if it is in your shard or to the coast with a boat and hang in there, aggroing them once in a while.

7. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I use the crypt house in old haven....o-120 in an evening of watching tv

8. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I've used this method a few times and it still makes me a little crazy thinking about how hard it was to GM resist back in the day. Spending power-hour trying to get a gain in resist at 90ish skill. *gets up from his rocking chair to drink some prune juice and yell at the kids on his lawn*

Tuan likes this.
  9. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

... or the fact that to get to GM magery in the days before LRC was gonna cost you a million or more worth of regs, which you had to run all over hell and creation to buy because vendors were always out of stock. and this was back when no one had millions of gold laying around. (I remember selling gold in summer of '99 for like $.40 PER THOUSAND)

DJAd likes this.
  10. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

You don't need a boat. You can't drag all the spell binders near you and go into the little house with an opening in the corner of the structure out near the fields/pumpkin patch. If you can get 6+ spell binders on you, Resist will raise like a charm. Better yet, pop a Scroll of Alacrity while doing it and you can GM resist in very short amount of time.

11. Spart

Spart Visitor

I didn't even use the house, or a boat. I just ran around until I got 6 and drug them over th the building where the healer is, because it was laggy and I'd die now and then, but I went from 50-120 in one evening.

Merlin likes this.
  12. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you are human can't you cast the spells with the innate 20 magery?

13. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can't cast as much as 6-10 monsters.

14. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lol, yeah, i remember that. My GM LJ Swordsman was stuck at mid 90's Resist, even fighting Elder Gazers. Resisting Spells skill was also ALOT more useful back then since it could reduce damage from direct damage spells, making it practically mandatory for both PvM and PvP. Only chars i can think of that didn't have Resist back then, were craftsman.

Spart likes this.
  15. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Patio house has been "FIXED", you can no longer enter it, shame.

16. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

the crypt house still works great