1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Race Mystic/Bard

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Retlaw of Vesper, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Retlaw of Vesper

Retlaw of Vesper Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 5, 2008
    Trained up a Mystic/Bard as human, but now that I have max skills am wondering if Gargoyle would be better?

I can't cast RC while mounted, which depending on spawn means I can't use it as much as I'd maybe like. MR2 should make up for the JOAT loss of meditation. The extra carry weight while human will be missed but not a deal breaker. I also have imbuing on soul stone, so the slight success boost may be nice.

I play Siege and only wear basic LRC gear, so the cool human only arties don't matter. JOAT skills like hide or repair items is nice but again not necessary. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.
  2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    As a human, you can always switch between human/elf, but not so with a gargoyle (something to think about with the single character rule on SP). The JOAT skills are really handy on SP. I know I would miss them on my character. Have you considered being an elf (night sight, no JOAT, +20 mana, no bonus carry weight, can wear elf and human gear)? http://www.uoguide.com/Races

The gargoyle bonus to imbuing makes a difference when imbuing a 4th and 5th maximum intensity property.

Since there are no direct benefits of any race on bardic skills, I think it is personal preference. You can remake your character on Test Center, to try out the races before you decide.

Stayin Alive,