1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best Shield for a Stealth Tamer-mage with weaving

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Xanthril of LA, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I've long used the Chaos Shield from Vesper Museum as my shield on my stealth tamer-mage with weaving. With all the new shields and the availability of reforging, I was wondering what the tamer experts consider to be the best shield for this type of character. I know there may be lots of particulars that are needed to express an informed opinion, but I'll have to try to answer them later if necessary. Basically, I let the GD tank, saving my mana etc for WoD, gift of renewal, and gift of life. Other party members generally keep the dragon healed.

2. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Me would suggest Hephaestus...

Xanthril of LA likes this.
  3. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

That one would certainly be a good one. I've actually not done Cora. My playing has been very sporadic that past few months. But I figured that while I don't have much time for involved play, I can at least tinker with my suits a bit. Looking forward to other ideas. But if Hephaestus is the answer, then I'll have to see how to get one. Thanks devil99

4. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Although I don't use a shield with my tamers (don't know, it just doesn't fit the "look" of a tamer to me), I have pulled a lot of sweet shields from Shame and Cove.....tons of MR, MI, SI, SR and Spell Channeling. I use them on other characters, so maybe you can find one that suits your character down in either of those dungeons, while also getting tons of great stuff to unravel.

5. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I know what you mean. I usually have a spellbook in one hand and a shield in the other. Not really my vision of a tamer either. Although loot from those dungeons would certainly work, I'm mainly looking for either specific shield ideas such as Heph or perhaps a re-forged/imbued template.

6. Aragoni

Aragoni Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Beast of Tongue Replica and Lights Rampart for DCI if you want tame GD"s white mage weapon and need defense.

#6 Aragoni, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Xanthril of LA likes this.
  7. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would have preferred Jaanas stuff, if it would have been a crook and therefore fitting for my Tamer Stealth Herder.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Hephaestus