1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Best way to breed seeds of renewal?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Valerin, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Valerin

Valerin Guest

I'm interested in producing a lot of seeds of renewal, and am curious what the best way to do this is. I've never really done much gardening but it looks like fun.

2. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Plant lots of plants :)

I've not noticed you get more from one type of plant or another, tbh. I grow orange petals for the guild, 600 plants at a time across 6 chars. A backpack with 100 plants in on each one, an empty backpack to tend them into and a central container with potions and jugs next to a water trough. It's time consuming, and can be a little fiddly til you get the hang of it, but yes, it's fun :)

3. Valerin

Valerin Guest

I actually want to grow orange petal plants but not sure where to get the seeds.. any suggestions?

4. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A nice gardener will probably give you some to kick you off. Which shard are you on?

5. Valerin

Valerin Guest

Napa Valley

6. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It is probably my perception...or misperception as the case may be...but is anyone else finding that more seeds of renewal come from plants in their later stages?

I pull from my plants everyday when they produce seeds and petals. And it seems when I pull when they are 1/1 or 1/2 on resources and seeds I get a better chance for a renewal seed than when they are 1/8 or 1/7 on their resources and seeds. Many probably let the plant go full term before harvesting at all so maybe they are not seeing it.