1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Best way to craft Magical Residue with a Smith

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Obsidian, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Is there a way I can use my legendary smith to craft items which unravel to magical residue without using a runic hammer?

I'm wondering if the arms lore bonus and any other properties from specific items (i.e. mage armor for light plate jingasa) or using colored ingots yield residue. Everyone is focused on relic fragments, but for skill gain I just need residue. I don't have a fletcher so the oak bows are not an option for me. Just wondering what the latest is after pub 63.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Crafting daggers with dull copper ingots yields residue. I tested it out and one dagger yields 3 residue. You can also test various things on Test Center to see what works best for you too. Good luck. :)

3. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Without using a runic tool?! If so, that is awesome and will help speed the growth of my residue stockpile.

-OBSIDIAN-

4. Obsidian

Hot dang! It works. 3 dull copper ingots forged into an exceptional dagger yielded 3 residue when unraveled. Time to stock up on Dull Copper! Thanks for the tip.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Obsidian

FYI all... I've done some more work with this and my human smith at the Ter Mur soul forge (not the queens) yields 0.83 magic residue per dull copper ingot when converting dull copper exceptional daggers. So I'm loosing a few; it is not a straight 3 ingots per dagger equals 3 residue. Basically, 60k dc ingots = 50k magic residue. I have not tried with a gargoyle toon to see if he has a better return rate and none of my guys can use the queen's forge (yet).

Also, my artificer at 67 imbuing skill did not gain at all unravelling these exceptional dull copper daggers.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

self seems quicker loot all either swoop or trogs depending harvester
    and not craft, get gold out of for gems also
    and essences for trade in quest for 115 quest so can convert to a 120

7. Obsidian

I was doing that on Miasma, but the looting was cumbersome. I had to take many trips in an out of Labyrinth to drop off stuff. I was looking for an alternative. Certainly, if you have the time you can fight. I made my first 4000 residue this way and got enough essence for a 120 power scroll.

-OBSIDIAN-