1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to find groups for Dungeons?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by noxxle, Nov 30, 2009.

1. noxxle

noxxle Guest

Without a guild, what is the best way to find groups for dungeons? Is there a meet-up area?

2. Smokin

Smokin Guest

What shard are you on LS has community hunts that meet up at certain times, its a good way to meet others to hunt with there is usually something like that on other shards.

3. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just join the LFG channel... oh wait wrong game :)

Would be great with some shard wide chat channels you could join and leave as you wish.

This is one of the things I miss from WoW..... not many other things thou :)

4. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

the classic client does have a world chat system, its in the top bar Between journal and Help

Attached Files:

• chat.jpg
      chat.jpg
      File size:
      95.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

But does it work? (And is anyone using it??) :)

6. I don't think anybody has EVER used the world chat system with UO. The Devs talked about fixing it way back in 1999, but in the 10 years since, I don't think they've ever given it another thought. I just checked, and it's still there, and it actually sort of works now. However, nobody was on it. It even has a "Looking for groups" option. The only problem with the global chat system is that nobody uses it.

7. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yes. No. :)

8. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

For something like this to work, it needs to be opt out.
    So basicly it should work in your normal char interface and if you dont want the spam you can leave the different channels and rejoin them again later.... and it best be easy :)

9. hakeem

hakeem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LS has the community, but we also have Alazakam(not a typo). He usually can be found in garg town, or in New haven and is ALWAYS willing to hunt, peerless, champs, you name it, and he is willing to take just about anyone with him, regardless of skills, and will do his dangdest to keep em in color and having fun.
    If you drop by LS in the evenings, keep an eye out for him.
    But no, other shards, you cannot have him.
    We love our Ala.

10. Smokin

Smokin Guest

His name is Laz not Ala lol but only us oldies know that. Anyways yes if he is on look for him usually in New Haven and this is all after the community hunts so you get to do two big hunts. If I am in the mood for hunting and not crafting I am usually there also, and always glad to teach newbies and returning newbies the ways to survivor.

11. Amren

Amren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There are dungeons that require more then 1 person?

seriously, this game is ez mode. I used to do weekly guild runs to the "hardest" dungeons at the time, most the group would leave within 10mins because it just was not very fun. Even if we went to fel a few times.

Boring dungeons are boring.

12. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

I've run into the same problem. I've always been a solo player on atl, which has really gotten boring. I've been wanting to join a guild just to do someof the harder peerless or champ spawns, or even just to have a hunting buddy, but my work schedule is so strange that I'm not usually on when guilds have their group hunts.

It used to be that you could find people spamming for group hunts at luna or brit bank but I never see it anymore. People are rarely at melisande either.

So ya, I feel your pain=)