1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Best way to get PoF?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Zalan, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I read the Blacksmithing guide that Basara has created, & that 450 points are needed to get PoF. Also read through the cycling through BoD`s. If one was to has 2 or 3 more smiths what skill level would be best to get PoF BoD`s? or would it be best to stock pile junk BoD`s with characters with 0 Blacksmithing? To turn in later with a Legendary Smith to get BoD`s for PoF.

2. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Don't know if it's the best way, but I have five other characters who all have 0.1 Blacksmithing so they can get junk BODs that my real smith (about 114 skill currently) can recycle for more BODs. I might fill 10-20 BODs or so at my home and then go turn them all in, making sure to get a new BOD each time I turn one in. Usually I'll get at least a couple of "keepers" including some that give me POFs and bronze runics (among other things).

3. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree with ziggy29. I think legendary smiths have the greatest chance of obtaining colored bods, so I would use my 120 smith to turn in a stockpile of junk bods. If you have some lower level smiths, you can get bods every hour I think.

4. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

also be aware that those .1 smith - normal item bods it might be cheaper to simply buy the weapon from the NPC to fill depending on ingot prices. when you can but the weapon for half hte price of hte ingots....it may make more sense.

Q

5. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thanks!!!

That sounds like some great advice ^^