1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to key Dread?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Darkrain, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Darkrain

Darkrain Guest

I have a Sammy that gets owned by the changelings. Usual setup for sammy but get hammered by mob or don't leech enough to heal. Any suggestions? Should I use different temp(tamer no luck here either or bard)to key?

2. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

bard/mage.

With provo/Discord and summons its not that hard.

3. I 2nd the above.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i agree with bard/mage as well, but if you try sampire, you have to honor your way through desert and try to solo as much as you can by use of honor. i'm a noob sampire as far as high-end goes, but I found irk pretty hard to solo last time I tried ;(. (could also use invis pots i guess)

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My favorite?
    Cu Sidhe.

My usual?
    Sampire with fencing. Apart from the usual gear, I WILL NOT GO THERE without confusion potions and invisibility potions. They make crowd control insanely easy, so you only have to deal with one bad guy at a time (with the exception of the spiders, which you don't really care about if you have a sampire with a spider slayer).

I don't have a leaf-blade with non physical attributes (well, I do, but never got it imbued), so I'm still relying on consecrate weapon to get by. If I get honor off against Irk (or Spite, or Guile), then it's no problem. Otherwise, I just have to survive past the initial mana dump, then it's no trouble. Sometimes I have to stop lightning striking for a minute to get enough mana for consecrate weapon, but with my template (I have healing instead of spirit speak or parry or resist), I can do that.

6. Don't forget to use a non-physical damage weapon so you don't have to depend on Consecrate Weapon to do enough damage. This helps to avoid and survive the mana drain spam. I've always just used a Soul Seeker and never have a problem. The pots that Farsight listed are key though. Nothing like getting targeted by Irk, Spite, and Guile all at the same time....

7. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I like playing collecting the keys on a Sampire...

I bring a fair amount of potions...including invisibility and lure Spite, Guile, and Irk away from eachother.

Key to the Twisted Weald is knowing where all the monsters are at all times so you don't get clobberred.

I'll have them chase then use an invisibility potion to break aggro.

Always honor & EoO before engaging, lots of consecrate, evade and Curse Weapon helps.:popcorn:

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

In response to Conner's sig - I know of an easy way to get through all that gold!

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Right, best way is to get SS and use curse weapon (along with elemental damage)

Changelings have high resistance, so you do low damage which means leeching 20% damage doesn't cut it.

And cast Corpse Skin so you can do even more damage.

With this method you can basically bulldoze through the entire place :)

10. Yeah, but going through it would require me to play the game, which I no longer do.

11. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You could give me the account, I think I could find a way to deal with it.