1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to serve the Community

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Thegirlyouloved2hate, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Thegirlyouloved2hate

Is to not make personal attacks against others when opening up a Discussion, after all we are all entitled to our own opinions as long as we keep the discourse civil.

If you attack people and their expression of how they feel to help the community after a while they will become silent for fear of ridicule and then how does that help SP grow? The best way to help the situation of SP is to leave everyone feel free to contribute and feel safe to not be ostracized for their ideas and contributions.

Come now everyone behave like well mannered adults and if not that at least civil adults.

Shy De'Lairesse
    Cherish Firekiss

Troop_Gil likes this.
  2. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Have you logged in yet or are you still just visiting from those other servers? Not instigating.. Just curious. :)

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Who has made personal attacks?...la

4. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I vote for making them hug it out.. *shrugs*

Troop_Gil likes this.
  5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Gives all a big :grouphug:
    I can handle attacks in and out of the game but yes, some may fear to have an opinion, when they see someone be blamed for their opinion and I'm not innocent here :p

Troop_Gil likes this.
  6. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

Games are for kids, not adults, therefore we should all act like kids

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*laughs* You have seldom not had an opinion, Freja. :heart:

8. Thegirlyouloved2hate

As far as I am concerned it is none of your concern or business what I do. I owe you nothing. I find you pretentious . I watch the way you write things and I find you less than deserving of even this answer.

I am not good at pretending. having a false face has never been my thing. Some people are better at back biting and back stabbing than others.

Just so we are clear where I stand.

9. Thegirlyouloved2hate

Fine as you will have it, I try to be civil ,unless I find someone crass or undeserving of respect.

10. Thegirlyouloved2hate

I think when people insult Freja's intellect that makes it a personal attack. She is and has been for a decade a SP main stay.

Troop_Gil likes this.
  11. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Well... I do have a question.. do you plan on coming back to Siege Perilous? I would like to meet you. Perhaps I could interview you for a news paper article I used to be a news reporter for the Perilous Inquier when it was up and running :) Could be lots of fun

Troop_Gil likes this.
  12. Thegirlyouloved2hate

Who says I have not been back.....at any rate if you want to speak to me message me and we can speak on Skype.

Shy De' Lairesse
    Cherish Firekiss

13. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're right, who knows if your back?!?!?!? This shard is ****ing dead and everyone is either holding hands in candy land or hiding in their houses having RP parties. NO ONE PLAYS HERE ANYMORE. Move along and don't fall for the trap. Siege is just a memory now.

Thegirlyouloved2hate and Bo Bo like this.
  14. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Also, as for your little "can we all act like civil adults"

You sound like a 2 year old on a tantrum right now. Take your hand and scoop the you know what out of you know where...

15. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

i can see why a pvp only type of player may think this shard is dead but to a player that enjoys playing all aspects of the game its just a small shard (i do believe there is a difference small shard vs dead shard and i just dont believe siege is dead i still enjoy playing here wouldnt trade it for any other shard) i think the key is to find people that you can enjoy playing with and just play

Amber Witch, FrejaSP and Tyrath like this.
  16. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sprago for the win!

17. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're in denial my friend. When I can run through every dungeon, city and player run community without seeing one person or having one person speak in general chat... you have a dead shard. Simple as that.

Sprago didn't "win." There is no winning here... He has a core group of friends that still play. That's fine. But outside of that, there is no economy. There is no multi-verse or multiplayer aspect. I came back, activated 4 accounts and farmed my ass off for a few weeks. It was hard as **** trying to buy anything and trying to sell items was just as tough. No one was interested in buying as everyone on this shard is "self sufficient" and doesn't need anything new. Here's a direct quote from a player in game "if I want items I'll go farm for them. I don't need to buy anything." That tells me all that's left on Siege are a bunch of old vets that enjoy each others company.

18. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

Exactly, siege perilous, as a shard, needs to recruit new players. We need a NEW player base. And the vets need to stay silent and allow change to occur. No more vets hampering progress. We need to silence the vets, and impose changes on behalf of the new player base.

The difficulty and challenge is in preserving and maintaining the quality of siege (hardcore, original uo, felucca ruleset) to appeal to new players. This is the million gold question. How can siege invite and maintain a new player population?

Vet PKers are not helping, too. I remember over the previous two years, when new players did come try out Siege, what happened? They got ganked, camped, Diablowed. They got harassed and ran home crying.

So as far as my opinion goes here, almost NOBODY is working to truly increase the player base. NONE of the vets, including the PKs, are helping. So that means a paradigm shift needs to occur. We need to build a new player base, person by person.

I recommend recruiting from other shards until the siege population increases to 24 active players online, chatting, PVE, PVP, economy rebound. Until this happens, there's no point squabbling over hashed out arguments. We need to recruit, as a shard, bottom line.

QFT

19. Thegirlyouloved2hate

Are you the one that also played WORD, if so I have screenies of you as WORD, you made me laugh out load and late at night. I just got home from a date and Hope I did not wake my roommates :)

20. Thegirlyouloved2hate

21. Thegirlyouloved2hate

I do not take offence at you opinion we are all entitled to think as we like. as for tantrum anyone that knows me knows I do not have them.. Hope springs eternal for civil adult males in this game. Thank you for giving me a laugh :)

#21 Thegirlyouloved2hate, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014