1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to set this macro up?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Tuan, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

OK, so I want a macro that with 1 click will remove my shield, swap my jewelry from my currently worn ring/brac into a ring/brac with some EP on them, drink a heal potion, swap jewels back, re-equip shield.

I've tried to start simple: disarm right hand, pause .3, quaff, pause .3, reequip.

But it seems to me that I don't want to add a 2nd set of equipping actions. Should I use somehow one of the dress/undress ones?

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

2. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

[equip ep jewels], [pause .2], [disarm left hand (shield)], [pause .2], [quaff], [pause .8], [equip shield (I think it will have to be a default shield, you can't have it re-equip the shield you just unequipped.)], [pause .2], [equip default jewels (Again, there's no way that I know of to automatically re-equip the jewels you last unequipped.)]

So not a simple macro, and I'm not sure about the pauses. You might have to experiment with those.

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

If you didn't want to have your default jewels/shield you would have to use an equip macro after that to switch to the shield/jewels that you want to equip.

4. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Yeah, that's far too many/much pauses, given that I am nearly certain you need .3s pauses. Seems like this just isn't going to work all that well.

5. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

This is the code from my buff macro for my parry fencer that wears a shield:

Code:
      <UserAction type="Macro" id="68" iconId="17" name="Bless" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="Left Alt+Left Shift+Y">
      <UserAction type="UnequipItems" id="0" iconId="637" targetType="Current">
      <UnEquipSlot slot="2" />
      </UserAction>
      <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.35" />
      <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="252248064" iconId="3849" targetType="Current" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
      <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.56" />
      <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="252182528" iconId="3848" targetType="Current" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
      <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.59" />
      <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="270598158" iconId="4129" targetType="Current" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
      <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.38" />
      <UserAction type="EquipItems" id="0" iconId="625" targetType="Current">
      <EquipItem targetId="1159009330" />
      </UserAction>
    As you can see it's actually [unequip shield];[pause 1.4];[drink agility];[pause 1.4] etc. That's the reason why I rarely used heal pots on that character. Switching equipment in and out takes too long to make it something worth doing in an intense combat context. I would only drink a heal or cure pot if I was running away red lined. But switching weapons in combat works very well, as does switching an entire suit - a bit weird that would work better than your macro, but there it is... :)

6. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I think I can... trick the macros into leaving me shieldless. If I make one of the "equip whole suit" macros include a gargish shield by targeting it from my pack, then I need two of these:
    1 that equips my whole suit of normal fighting gear, and 1 that equips my whole suit of normal gear, but with the rings swapped, and the gargish shield.

So my macro will look like [equip suit 2] (which will yield a "you cannot wear that" and leave me shieldless), [pause however long I need to], [quaff heal], [pause x], [equip left hand] (adds the shiled back in)

I will try this later.

7. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor