1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

best wood to use

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by PoserPete, Apr 5, 2009.

1. PoserPete

PoserPete Guest

I am looking for clarity on which wood is going to yield the best properties for fletching. I have a heartwood kit i am going to burn and am going for a pvp bow and would like some input. Thanks in advance for any input!
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    The near-universal belief is that Ash is the best wood for CRAFTING bows with a runic kit.

For enhancing bows found as loot, depending on your character's SSI from other sources, Ash is good if it will push your bow up to the next tick. Otherwise, Yew is good for the HCI & DI in those specific cases where an extra 10% SSI will have no effect, but it's hard to convince many people of this.
  3. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    Aye ash is good +10 ssi is handy on all them slow bows like composite or xbows though its a waste of potential hci and di that yew offers if you intend on crafting Repeating xbows or the Magical shortbow's with a high dex stamina value the repeater and shortbows can max there ssi without need of ash.