1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Better than orny?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MissEcho, Nov 4, 2014.

1. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just got this ring off a Lady of the Snow (guardian) doing a t-Map.

Mystic Ring

Tactics +5
    Prized
    Intelligence 10
    Mana Regen 4
    FCR 3
    LMC 10%
    LRC 20%
    Durability 255/255
    Greater Artifact

I am assuming prized stuff can be powdered and repaired at will? Or is there some drawback to it, other than costing more to insure?

2. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Repaired yes, but I believe Jewelry can't be powdered.

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Check it with your insurance menu, but I bet it will cost a ton to insure...

4. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ouch 3,700 gps to insure. Mind you it is a really beautiful mage/spellcaster ring

5. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Nice attributes. Just don't die and you'll be fine.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Looks like a nice compliment to an Orny.... with that and an Orny you'd have 2/6.

Don't know about the Tactics.... perhaps you could swap that with something more mage useful.

7. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yup, VERY nice compliment to the Orny; I have a pre-pub Ring with some of those mods (MR 4, Int Bonus 10, and FCR 3), and I love it. On that ring, he Tactics is a useless mod (for a mage, anyway), honestly. The rest of that ring is perfect for a mage.

8. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It's all about luck thise days. so the ring is pretty useless for pvm. The mods on it is nice. Its not very usefull for pvp either, here you would want other mods like DCI,EP, etc etc

9. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

For a ring this thing lacks SDI. There are +20 SDI rings. Tactics is pretty useless too. MI would also be better than INT, because you run fairy quickly into the 150 INT cap.

10. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I know the tactics is not needed, sheesh, just pretend it isn't there, lol. You still have 5 other mods that are 'at' or 'over' cap. As for luck I still believe that is a crock. My tamer runs on over 2000 luck without her luck suit on (with her luck suit she is nearer 2700 or so), and gets no better loot than my other chars, in fact I notice absolutely zero difference. As much as they 'say' it is fixed, I have yet to be convinced. Don't pvp so don't really care about pvp mods either, I was just comparing it to an orny and reckon it is much better given you get the int boost plus 4 mana regen.

Certainly for the types of mages I run it is pretty good as I always run with protection permanently on so any FC is wasted, and greater Intel (=mana) and the stat points saved here can go to str which means I carry more and have greater hp's.

And yeah sdi would of been nice but can't have everything, plus even without it on the ring, my char has would still have over 60 sdi anyways, she currently runs a crystalline ring which puts her at 80sdi.

Really need to know if this can be powdered. Anything written anywhere on this to confirm above or whatever? Rings such as crystalline can't be as they don't actually 'deteriorate', I know imbued stuff can't be, but this isn't imbued or brittle or antique so not really sure if anything has changed on a 'clean' item being able to be powdered with the changes? It is pretty confusing what each of the 'new' attributes can do, with stratics not able to be searched finding definitive information is pretty difficult atm.

11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure new jewels can't be powered.

12. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Such mage rings are not unique:

Mystic Ring Of Wizardry
    Prized
    Intelligence 10
    Mana Inc 5
    Mana Regen 3
    FCR 3
    LMC 10%
    LRC 25%
    Durability 255/255
    Major Artifact

Arcane Ring Of Sorcery
    Intelligence 10
    Mana Inc 5
    Mana Regen 4
    SDI 15%
    FC 1
    LMC 10%
    Durability 255/255
    Major Artifact

And few more not listed examples.

There are two parts of mod combo:
    3 mods from list: Int, Mana Inc, Mana Regen
    3 mods from list: FC, FCR, SDI, LRC, LMC.

Lug likes this.
  13. Lug

Lug Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I unravel items like that without a second thought. Now if it had fc 1, with dci, or sdi it would go in the keeper side of my loot bag and not the unravel side.