1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Beware: Ilshenar T-Maps

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Cogniac, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I had an Ilshenar Treasure Map locked down for display in my house, and I just noticed that it spontaneously turned into a normal Trammel Treasure Map. I think it might have been the last patch/publish that did it.

I got mine for free a long time ago, so I'm really not that bummed out, but for those of you who have dropped money on these things: watch out!

2. TheGwy

TheGwy Guest

I just checked my set and they're all still saying Ilshenar!

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Had me worried for a moment there. Just checked my 3, all locked down and all still saying Ilshenar.

4. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Was it set to public access?

Someone could've decoded it...

5. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

shouldn't matter if some did decode it, its a real item, not glitched or something, there really was t-maps in ilsh for a short time.

just checked all of mine, still saying ilshenar (locked down, kinda pointless to have set to public access hehe)

6. A.Entreri

A.Entreri Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

would they way it was locked down have anything to do with it? you may have used the command "i wish to secure this" instead of saying "i wish to lock this down". i heard this happen in the past.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I've always kept mine secured in containers viewable by anyone and never had a problem with them, although I do recall instances of players having them converted to Trammel T-maps during patches if they were in backpacks or in the bank.

8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

The only things in my house that are not set to private "Owner Only" access are the front doors and a few other doors. Absolutely every single other item in my entire house is "Owner Only" access. So that's probably not it. (Especially since I still can't read it.)

As Aspen said, it's a known thing that patches and publishes sometimes affect items like this oddly if the item is in some sort of 1 in 1000 configuration that causes it to be able to be screwed up.

I got mine original, back when they spawned, and I never considered it to be some sort of treasured memento, so I'm not out any cash and I'm not particularly forlorn over the loss of some prized possession. Just sort of a warning to people that Ilshenar t-maps can apparently get ruined by patches/publishes when locked down for display in a house.

9. Techthys

Techthys Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

shouldn't matter if some did decode it, its a real item, not glitched or something, there really was t-maps in ilsh for a short time.

just checked all of mine, still saying ilshenar (locked down, kinda pointless to have set to public access hehe)

[/ QUOTE ]

It used to be that decoding an Ilshenar map would convert it into a Trammel map, and that anyone with high enough skill could decode one that was locked down. I don't know if that's still true, and I don't intend to try! Maybe someone who has a spare Ilshenar map will test it and report to the rest of us--if there is any such "someone".

10. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

"The map is too difficult to attempt to decode."

So that wasn't it.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Isn't there a carto talisman? Would that help at all with a gm carto to see if maybe that is pushing the ability over the edge for some goober to decode the locked down ones? Just shouting out ideas in hopes of keeping folks and their items safe.