1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] BEWARE Old A magic Titled Weapons

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by UNKNOWN of Atlantic, Mar 13, 2015.

1. UNKNOWN of Atlantic

UNKNOWN of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just Logged in & found 6 out 7 A magic weapons On my vendor @Scribbles rare vendor place had there titles renamed ..the A Magic was removed from them ..So if you have any REMOVE them from vendors I saved my katana ...SMH

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Thank you for warning the community, hopefully people will be able to save them in time.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic likes this.
  3. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

Happens when someone uses the skill Item Identification on the items.

4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This can happen on vendors, equipped, locked down and in trade windows. They have never been safe to display or sell unfortunately. It is why they aren't worth very much despite their age.

5. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

damn even equipped?? *hides his magical double blessed wizard hat*

6. UNKNOWN of Atlantic

UNKNOWN of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh I did Not know this ...:eek::darkside::saberduel:

7. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed

Is it "a magical wizard's hat"? because if so, it might not apply, as that's what wizards hats bought from npc mages are labeled (and not the same as other magic labeled loot). I would suggest copying it to test and trying it out, my guess would be its safe to wear.

Assia Penryn and azmodanb like this.
  8. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The magical wizard hats are different. The magical is part of the name of the item. "A magic broadsword"... "A magic dagger" are from another origin.

Those are from when a loooooong time ago all the magic items that came as loot was unidentified. So you didn't know the properties until you used item identification as a skill or one of those nifty item id staffs/wands. Now the only ones that survived pre-aos properties expansion with any true dignity were slayers which have the magic tag, we lost all our "supremely accurate", etc tags for a bunch of numbers. Using item id on an item works just like it did so very long ago and unfortunately ruins the item.

Should they be worth more than 100k? Absolutely, but unfortunately not only is it unsafe to sell an item, but you can show it off either in your house or equipped. There are still some of us that have some in hopes they will one day be able to be displayed.

azmodanb likes this.
  9. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

yeah i got a bag full i think i sold on a vendor for a couple mills

10. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Thanks for the heads up - I have about 10 old magic weapons and a magic tambourine locked down in a chest. Never bothered to try to sell them and now I won't.