1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Beyond your skill?

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Guest, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

On more than one occasion, I've been out roaming about working my provo/disco and have encountered a monster, (ogre lords usually though not always) that I hit with either a disco or provo and then leave the screen for whatever reason, when I come back to finish'em off I get the "beyond your skill" message when I try to re-provo/disco them.

Any idea whats up with that? or how to counter it?
  2. Hmm.. I don't believe I have ever come across this problem. So you have a successful disco/provo, leave the screen and then get that message? That's odd. A bug perhaps?
    Anyone else experience this and have some ideas?
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    this happens with the ogre lords in despise i noticed it using eoo on them the problem is they have been the target of someone else usualy you can tell them as they will be stuck in the corner of the dungeon or stuck on one of the pillars there they wont follow you or anything you can just sloter them with no worry of reprisal
  4. I get that while trying to dicso the fallen angels in the moonglow rift. Oh and I have 120 music and 120 disco. Sure seems as though Bards have been completely phased out as usable skills for bigger monsters. I'd sure like to see fighters and mages have the same percentage chance to succeed at hitting thier target or casting thier spell as us bards have.....20% MAX for 240 skill points and we're supposed to be happy with that?