1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Big event... constant crashes :(

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Salivern_Diago, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Devs... I'm trying to take part on the Catskills event now... however I'm suffering from constant crashes as is other people... Its been happening on the south side of the dungeon and in some cases now the east...

What gives??

- A sad little munchkin who cant join in :(

2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Basically the area wasn't tested for teleport and people were triggering parts of the area before the game was ready to handle it I guess...to smooth everything out, just a big spoiler for everyone, there's an epic boss fight and as long as you do damage you'll be rewarded. Don't sweat getting ahead of anyone or killing the small mobs, just stay with group and get in a ding at end.

Sevin0oo0 and legendsguy like this.
  3. Salivern_Diago

Stratics Veteran

Have to admit I do think the rewards are cool :) Its one of those things of.. do I keep it or use it lol

4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just a hint... when approaching a big event set all your video and audio settings to the bare minimum... Even on my new rig I do this..

set your chat filters to max..
    trust me.. even on my quad core I can get the crashes to desktop if I don't do this..

And that sucks in an event.. lol!

5. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

Great suggestion Ludes, thank you :)

6. Salivern_Diago

Stratics Veteran

Cool idea Ludes, my system is pretty powerful so I dont tend to think like about that.. worth thinking about for next time!

7. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I have a real nice rig as well but I still do it for events and such...
    And it does pay off... I never crashed once last night.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Spoil us, any combat/survival tips to reach the end? Are these 1-hitters? Someone said 100pt damage even from off-screen. What's the best tactic if you die? and i assume you will?

9. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

My basic strategy was stay in front and don't lose sight of Dupre.. I basically kept my finger on the Heal Yourself macro... and went through almost a thousand arrows. When I died there were other Cats players that were ressing and healing just behind the front lines.. also the Devs had wandering healers posted at the entrances.. Exodus was throwing area effects that were hitting for 100+... Hit bandage self and run back for 7 seconds! Right at the very end there me and some other archer were cross healing each other while we hailed Exodus with arrows... from that point he was doomed.

BeaIank and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  10. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

any non-archers there, up front?

11. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Yeah we had several melee fighters there... getting through the destructable walls was definitely a melee thing... we would all concentrate on one wall piece... I used my skinning knife to help melee the walls.
    Then as soon as the wall fell I'd shoot into the room and start thunking arrows into the backs of the mobs as the melee fighters kept them busy at the entrance..

There were surprisingly few of us actually on Exodus there at the very end.. seemed to me like only a dozen of us maybe..

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  12. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

I wanted to ask Pinco If he could add a setting like that where you can have a set of changes to everything at one time and then maybe reset it back. I forget to do all my settings every time but if you do it, the game works a lot better when 500 chars are casting and all killing at the same time. Like no over head no names no tree leaves less grafix power.

13. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Yup.. kinda sucks but it WAS originally coded in 1996
    Since I already know in advance there's gonna be a lot of people and mobs there, I don't mind taking a minute to set everything down. And it does work... some guy was saying he crashed 46 times but I never crashed once.

14. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Yupp. 46 and stopped counting then, still had more :p

I have a really really good system, but have never thought of turning stuff down. Betcha I do in the future. Thx!

15. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Asus Lamborghini VX7SX for the win! EVERY game to play with, but not CC UO
    Talk about 1993 Client Structures...lol

But its ok, i still LOVE this game will never stop playing no matter what happens (no +5 Stat scroll, etc..)

;)

16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

That's interesting, nothing hit me for close to 100 damage. I'd drop maybe 80 going through all of his stuff, but usually I'd drop around 60 hp or so in total from his attacks.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  17. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Wonder if EC was immune to the type of crash...I crashed about ten times on Catskills in CC, only once on Origin.

18. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Ludes, did you notice if mages had any particular spells that were effective aganist the walls? Or really only melee.

19. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

It was a little hard to tell what the mages were using cause I had all my effects off.. At least one guy was using lightning.

20. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Walls seemed to be immune to energy damage, but very vulnerable to fire.
    I was dealing 150 damage with flamestrikes, 120 with explosion and around 60 with fireball. Energy bolt never dealt any damage to the walls.
    And with Exodus, fire was useless. My ebolts would deal 11 damage, and flamestrikes would deal no damage.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  21. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Good info,thanks.

22. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

One of the coolest thing I think is , after you use the reward item you still get to keep it and it is aswell engraved with your charater's name that used it.

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  23. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

since there were so many threads, did someone post in one a link to some screen grabs they took, maybe on an Asian shard?

24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

that would be Tina I believe.
    There are also some screenies on the Siege EM forum

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  25. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

I was on Siege and used my mystic mage. "Hurling Big Rocks" averaged 60 hit points per rock when thrown at the wall. They didn't do so well against the major boss so I used Rising Colossus. That wasn't much better.

26. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

On Napa, only about 5 people got a Scroll of Valorous Commendation from Exodus, i was one of them. We had about 20-30 people there. Pretty much the only people who got Scrolls from Exodus, were the ones who could do AIs. I was doing 120-130 damage an AI to Exodus on my Gargoyle Thrower, i was doing an AI to him about 1/3 to 1/4 of attacks, even after he leached my Mana. Con Wep hits were doing like 20 damage a hit. His Death Vortex ability would damage the crap out of your Stamina and Mana, and do like 70-80 points of damage if you stood in it. I was laggy as hell at that event, and crashed like 7 times, but didn't die even once. My Gargoyle Thrower was doing 120 damage a swing at the Walls. Con Wep didn't seem to matter on them, but Enemy of One and Divine Fury did.
    I later went back on my Tamer/Mage, and found that the absolute best thing for taking down them Walls, was a pair of trained Firesteeds. Each of them was doing 70-130 damage a kick to the Walls, and hit them like 100% of the time at GM Wrest. So they were averaging about 200 damage each second to the walls, while my other Tamer/Mage's Greater Dragon was averaging only 110 damage a second. Further evidence that Firesteeds are still the top DPS pet in game, so long as the opponent has low Fire Resist. Pity they're so frail though.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  27. Roland Of Gilead

Roland Of Gilead Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran

i was using flame strikes and other fire related spells and they did big dmg to the walls

28. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor

The crash issue was only in the classic client. In Fact halfway through the event I had to switch to the EC and surprisingly the EC had no lag at all from the crowds and was immune to crashing. I'd say that'd a plus for the EC. =]

G.v.P likes this.
  29. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I miss trying to attend events and getting telestormed to a safe city. Though I didn't miss the lag and watching images skipping across my screen.

30. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I used the CC with Assist on Baja and had some lag but I never once crashed. I make it a habbit when playing UO to turn off all unneeded processes. While UO is running I have a total of 20 Processes/Programs running, I am sure more could be turned off but just not sure witch ones. I used a Bard/Tamer and just let my GD do its thing and had to rez her twice and just stayed on the outskirts and never died. I got a scroll and was totally shocked. 14 yrs and this was my FIRST event reward.