1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bigger damage fonts

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by PowerFullPete, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Is there a mod for making the damage numbers bigger? I thought there is one once in KR but can't seem to find one for EC. Thnx.

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I find them good how they are, but to my taste the chat and character name font is way too big. Anyway, I think this should be customizable.

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I too could use bigger bolder damage ticks. i could also use them appearing above what im hitting.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

bigger and also be able to color code them I can never tell between me and my pets who is doing what!

5. A way to change the colour would be cool too! and the numbers seem to fade out too fast for me to see the damage in all the fighting.

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There are mods for changing the font of the overhead chat and character name fonts.

"Font Selection - Name Window" and "Font Selection - Overhead Chat"
    http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

I could make one for damage fonts too (once I have time), but your font selections will be limited to fonts already available in the client.

7. Nazoric

Nazoric Guest

I would love this. Did you ever have the time to do it?

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I would like this to especially when testing things it can be very hard to read!

9. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I still have not had time to do this. It is still on my list of things to do (and very close to the top).

10. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm fine with the way things are, but I know that at least one of my guildmates will love you for that.

On a marginally related note: Can someone explain me, why damage font is sometimes red and sometimes blue? It seems to turn blue as soon as you get over a certain number (40?) but why? On is it always the same number? And if not, what does it depend on?

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

hmm you know I have never thought much about that ! I wonder if its when a crit happens?

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Seems to be based on either a crit, OR the amount of damage (lower amounts in red, higher in blue)

13. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Alright - finally got a few minutes to code and test the mod.

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging
    Font Selection - Damage Numbers

Like I said before, your font selections are limited to fonts already available in the client.

edit::
    You'll need version 1.2 of the CustomSettingsWindow mod to get all the fonts available in the client (Skin authors should update their skins to include the latest version).

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Awesome Gildar I will try this out later (kinda running low on time with the new forum, test center,playing and of course rl)