1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

bitten.....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Faenwen, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Now the ship bug bit me too ... *sighs*

we had a nice fleet in trinsic for RP, 6 ships...
    we had it at the trinsic harbour for 8 month now, everything fine, every day someone was refreshing all of them. all fine. and today my ship the trinsicer tradingcompany ship was gone *sighs* refreshed yesterday....

we just drydocked the whole fleet...

it was such a pretty ship *wipes eyes*

Troop and kRUXCg7 like this.
  2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is getting a little silly. How many people have lost homes or ships to this change now? Has there even been so much as an apology?

3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

the high seas are a dangerous place...

Uvtha likes this.
  4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Sorry to hear about your ship Faenwen, hope they hurry fixing this.
    At least on Siege we don't keep alot stuff in the hold but I can see a young fisherman in Trammel get hit of this and lose all his fish, crabs, lobsters and SOS.

5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No apology, I did email Mesanna and she replied on 8/15/2014, but I haven't heard from her since. I plan on messaging her back after Dragon*Con this weekend if I haven't heard from her before then.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  6. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

indeed *chuckles*

7. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

well I am no fisherman.... it was the ship of the Trading Company of Trinsic.... we do trades *coughs*, ähm kind of *winks*

Shelra likes this.
  8. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I feel your pain. Wish I could help. I know this is going to get me flamed but. . . Do you ever get the feeling that they are trying to sink their own game? Look at all the crap that is broken and the complete lack of communication. It does make one wonder.
    :flame:

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I wonder instead if the timing for some things (e.g., major busts of dupers, as happened this August, last August, and in previous summers) might not instead be planned to coincide with certain conferences or gatherings.

10. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

And people thought I was just a troll saying the team has been doing a horrible job for years but it's suddenly clear. It's sad though as the game is amazing even in this thrashed version but no one new is going to know.

11. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Exactly why I haven't bought one. Was considering buying one since I got back but that's certainly not gonna happen till this is cleared up.

12. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Troop likes this.
  13. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Still no response from Mesanna. I have emailed her twice over the past 2 1/2 weeks. Wonder if this is another one of those situations where- yeah, we screwed up, but if we ignore them long enough it will go away.

Troop likes this.
  14. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Probably, it's always worked before.

Troop likes this.
  15. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting to hear anything at all.... Just watch your stuff closely...

I have always said it's EA's "goal" to watch UO die... and they do EVERYTHING they can to see that it does. Yet despite all their mismanagement we are still here. Says a whole lot about devoted players. You would think they could see that.

Troop likes this.
  16. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldn't attribute to malice what should probably be attributed to entropy. It is 17-year-old script spaghetti managed by an ever shrinking set of people. Wonky stuff will happen, though it sucks when people lose stuff because of it.

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

UO was doing well in Austin... Then just as they are preparing for a big update... they get dragged to California. They aren't there long and starting to "recover" when they are then "Downsized" bigtime... After already losing a lot of folk in the move. Then they are once again starting to get into the swing of things make a "comeback" when they are shipped off to VA... This again causes a MASSIVE downsize... Merged with folk from games that could care less about UO... We are then given the new Account Management system... which dumps 100's of accounts and makes a bunch of folk lose accounts, unable to get back into their accounts they quit... many more have their accounts stolen because of the account mismanagement... Account information is not secure... many others still can't activate their accounts because many UO accounts now think they are DAoC accounts. Then they are downsized 2 more times.

You tell me there is NO Malice? If that's not Malice what is?

It's malice pure and simple. And I personally wrote the CEO's of EA and chewed them for it. Now UO is under Broadsword. I hope they got the message. I know I was not the only one who was irritated and fed up with the malice and told them to stop it. Told them they had no clue what they had in UO. I even begged them to give it up to someone that did know what they were doing and could revive it. I sent them links to over 100 posts on Stratics alone about lost accounts, inability to get proper GM support, inability to access their account, inability to buy things from Origin... etc.... and told them they had lost out on 100's of thousands of dollars they could be making because they can't seem to properly support the game. I was told to give them specific details which I can't do because I've never lost any of my accounts... I've never had them go DAoC... I have however been billed from 4 different countries resulting in my CC being blocked many times. Which makes me very angry. So recently as just 2 months ago I was billed from Netherlands. I pretty much told them to get their $hit together and stop trying to destroy the game we love. We have no intention of leaving it... so quit trying to make us.

I understand the DEV's struggles absolutely... but it's EA who has dropped that ball... not the DEV's. They have had the carpet yanked out from under them for too long. They are probably still waiting for the other shoe to drop now that they have been turned over to Broadsword. Waiting to be shipped off somewhere else. I mean what's next, Mexico? Japan? China? I am still waiting to hear that they finally got a new engineer hired. Praying it's someone with a clear understanding of the old strings of code. Who can bring new life and new help to our gaming family. There is hope... but it's been very slim of late. I'm glad to see the communication picking back up. I'd like to see more of it. And I'm still ever so hopeful to hear they hired that Engineer. But because of EA I don't let myself get my hopes up too high. I too am waiting for that other shoe to drop.

18. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Considering the original post was about a lost ship and a ship decay issue that falls under the devs, I'm not sure why we are discussing EA's management decisions. Still, I will agree with you. UO has had a long life, in spite of poor treatment from its corporate overlord.