1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Black Halberds

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Molokha, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Molokha

Molokha Seasoned Veteran

I just looted a box containing, among other things, several black halberds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My memory's a bit foggy, but I seem to remember these spawning as part of some storyline event several years ago. Am I imagining things? I'm guessing they can probably be created easily with plant dye nowadays, but can anybody tell me where they originally came from? I swear I can remember black halberds being a big deal in like 2006 for some reason.

2. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The event black halberds are actually Jet Black as in Black Dye Tub Black. Yours seem to look more like the natural black dye 'fake' ones. It could just be my monitor but you can check them with NPC bought ones dyed with the natural black dye and compare them.

3. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

that shade is from a fel event several years back. during the event, you could kill the guards and loot the hallys. as far as i know, you can not dye plain hallys that color. There is also a jet black version from way back that was looted of guard corpses also, those are more rare and fetch more bucks. hope this helps.

4. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

update! nevermind bout being able to dye them that color. you can use natural dyes on them, just did it. well, they used to be a rarity until dyes ruined that 1. but, the jet black ones are def not dyable yet.

5. Molokha

Molokha Seasoned Veteran

Oh my God! I remember now! I loved that event. I knew it was something I ought to remember.

It's a shame they're worthless now, but that's okay. I never actually got a memento from that event so it's nice to have something. Thank you, both of you!

6. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

remember for a short time long before plant dyes you could also dye non-artifact / majical items with tokuna dyes.