1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Black regular Horse

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by fordn2, Jan 19, 2011.

1. fordn2

fordn2 Guest

There is a site selling these. In ten years I have never seen them in the game. Do they exist, does anyone know. It's a reliable site. ty
  2. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 4, 2008
    They are faction guard horses which could be obtained some time ago by dismounting faction guards.
    The black ones come in 2 shades, greyish black and true black.

Depending on shard and shade the go for 10-25m.
  3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    They are real, and depending what shard you're on they vary in rarity. They're basically a nightmare coloured horse that can be owned and ridden by anyone.

I'd recommend asking around on your shard to buy one. Websites that sell for RL$ can't be discussed on these boards, but I'd suggest that if this involves you paying RL$ to get a pet in game, you're taking a much greater risk. Or ask if they can do an entirely in game trade for gold instead.

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    I've not had an issue selling these for 20m per, regardless of the shade.
  5. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    Yes, and there are tons of them out there. When i played almost daily (maybe 4 years ago, there was a guy selling them almost Every day. He tried to get 1mil a peice, but in the end sold them for 500k each. he must have sold hundreds. That was a good time ago tho, never thought they would be worth much. i wish i had filled my stables with them, only have a few.
  6. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    I went on a search about um... 2, maybe 3 years ago to get one. Took me quite a while. I did end up buying one. I need to train him up.

I asked about 4 or 5 mods and on one occasion a [GM] that I had paged if obtaining them was illegal. All of the people that I asked told me that it was not illegal or violating any terms of service.

So...Here is what I found out. You need to use the Sword of the Stampede secondary special move to dismount a Shadow Lord faction guard, I think there is a chance that the same trick could be done to the Minax guards to? I've heard rumors that this method has been removed from the game though?
  7. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

May 23, 2008
    They are no longer attainable, aside from purchasing from another player.