1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Black Rock

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivory Norwind, May 16, 2008.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry but it's some times that i don't play :(
    I'd like to know if the little peace of black rock are already usefull.
    Thanks

2. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If you have one in your pack, then go to the moonglow rift and stand near a shadowlord and say "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" you will deal half of his health in damage to him.

Also if you put one at your feet and say "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" with decently high magery, it may take a few tries but you will blow yourself up and become "infected". You then hear voices and have a chance to blackrock infect monsters you encounter in the game.

Hope that helps. :)

3. Hunter Moon

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The shadow lords aren't spawning in the Moonglow rift right now. They stopped with the patch. I am hoping there is more use for blackrock because I still have a few I purchase right before they turned off the lords. I have such horrible timing. I sold off all my ophidian stuff, blackrock, extra power, vanq, mystic weapons and cursed arties not a week before they announced this event and now I buy blackrock and... :blushing:

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

4. Leana Sidhe

Leana Sidhe Guest

Blesh, Does that mean you have "chosen" sides then? If you infect yourself, or use the blackrock to kill the shadowlords - if you are infected are you on the shadowlords side? Or has then played out yet?

5. Hunter Moon

Lord I hope not because I have been infected on one of my chars for almost, what, two years now... I don't want something I did 2 years ago to preclude involvement in this event ;)

6. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i dont think being infected means you choose as side, as i infected my mage like a year ago when they first introduced the spell.

they havent really explained how to choose your side yet. maybe pub 53...

**edit** wow huntersmoon, has it been that long? how time flys. thanks for the catch on the rift btw, i havent been down there, and assumed that they still spawned. :)

7. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

A question about blowing myself up with blackrock and becoming infected. My mage is 115 skill and I keep getting the notice "You feel uneasy but nothing happens". Do I have to be 120 mage for it to work? If so,that sucks...I will not be blowing 30 million on a Luna scroll vendor.

8. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My hubby did it with 110 magery took a bit but he got infected lol. You can also do it with necromancy. Just keep at it! :)

9. Hunter Moon

I have 115 Magery and I infected myself. I blew up a lot of blackrock (and myself) before I started to hear the voices and I totally failed to get any response from the spell for what seemed like a billion tries. Just keep at it till you start to hear voices. Oh and try logging in and out to see if they greet you, they don't talk all the time, but do seem to greet me generally on log in.

10. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

worked for me with only GM Magery on 2 chars.
    One wasnt getting any message but heard voices after the next log in. And one blew himself up several times and got messages but needed lots of tries to finally hear the voices...

Pandrax of Europa

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!