1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Black & white painting? over priced?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Artifact level 8 black and white painting, is it over priced at 24k? or does no one actually buy those?

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I think those are the prettiest paintings in game. Olahorand used to sell them for around 72k each, but its been a couple years since I've seen one on a vendor except when I sold the ones that were in the Umbra bridge shop when I owned it. If I remember correctly, I dropped the price to 50k.

I don't think we have many thieves making dungeon runs, so finding an average price may be difficult. 24k is certainly cheaper than I have ever seen them.

3. Petra Fyde

It's been sitting on the vendor quite a while now.

Having no real idea how to price them, and needing to sell them so that I have an excuse to go steal some more (which I enjoy doing) they're priced by level. 1 - 4 at 100gp per level. 5 & 6 1000gp per level 7 2k per, ie 14k, level 8 3k per and the one and only level 9 I found I priced at 4 x 9 = 36k. Daily rares 1k, crate thefts 100gp

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Prices for stealable artifacts have always seemed sort of weird on Siege, at least thats been my experience over the past 4+ years here. By weird, I mean that prices always seemed widely varied. They were either way too high or dirt cheap! lol

I used to make the rounds and steal a few, but most that I sold came from IDOC's. Maybe its me, but people seemed very finicky about them. Certain ones sell pretty well and others just sit there eating up vendor fees, although I guess that isn't as much of an issue these days. Ones I thought were really nice [like the black & white painting] would sit there forever and things I nabbed just because it was there, would sell like crazy. The silver bowls from the Dojo sold like crazy, but damned if anyone would buy a cute little teapot. It didn't make sense! Then again, maybe I have bad taste! haha

Your prices seem reasonable. If there is still a market for them, you should do well. Good luck!

5. Petra Fyde

thanks.

the char also has gm lock pick and remove trap, so if anyone besides Terry wants paragon chests opened, she can do it. Preferably (but not necessarily) at my glow shop, where there's a nice ankh if the remove trap goes wrong, :D

6. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I saw some that Lord Dog had dyed with slime dyes- absolutely stunning! I was floored at how much better they looked, really.
    I have some tan dye you can use, Tokuno, if you'd like to dye one and see if there is more interest. My tan one isn't bad to look at.

7. Petra Fyde

actually, I think I have about 5 charges of invul blue somewhere.

8. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you think i can color them on test shard with each tonokia color? I have a ton of those colors and would like to color the ones I have but would like to see which colors work best.

Lorddog

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

...or you can run all over LUNA on Chesapeake and see every weirdo color imaginable on those same paintings and on everything else, going for for LOTSA GP cuz they add the price of the dyes to the painting prices or even non gm made carp small tables once dyed...$$$$$$$$ *shudders* :coco: